Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO WAKE!!!!!

From this point forward I will start posting the pics I take of boats passing by my dock on plane. Attached is map of the no wake zones. Please review it!! I will also begin to give your MC#'s to the local law enforcement.

BTW someone owes me some tackle from the lines I had in the water Saturday. You may want to check your jet drive for fishing line. Sunday, your wake bounced my neighbors boat off the sea wall, he was very angry, & said he plans to start writing down MC#'s also.

Get the message or I will call you out publicly!!!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
I've only been by once with Convincor, and rest assured that he followed the no wake law. But maybe you should be posting in multiple spots - other boating sites and maybe craigslist.

I would go out on a limb and say most of the boaters here follow the rules. I know I do, and I can speak for everybody I associate with.

Understand your frustration, I put up a "NO WAKE" sign at my seawall for the very same reason .... just hope you arent assuming the alleged no wakers are from LSCN exclusively.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 15 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've only been by once with Convincor, and rest assured that he followed the no wake law. But maybe you should be posting in multiple spots - other boating sites and maybe craigslist.

I would go out on a limb and say most of the boaters here follow the rules. I know I do, and I can speak for everybody I associate with.

Understand your frustration, I put up a "NO WAKE" sign in my canal for the very same reason.... just hope you arent assuming the alleged no wakers are from LSCN exclusively.

It was the same JET BOAT 2 days in a row they were the only one who I saw drive like that in the DOTY all weekend, and YES they are LSCN all the time.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts

Dont assume we are all disrespectful of the no wake rule.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Call the St Clair Marine division office ( 810-794-5655) and you to can get extra patrols just like the thread others asked on why the cops are in certain areas. If you get the MC's a ticket can be issued and you'll have to come to court as the witness. Easy enough done. The office is open Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm after that time call Dispatch in Port Huron Twp ( 810 987 1744) They can have the boat(s) on patrol come and visit the area when available to do so.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(eddiebauer @ Jun 15 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NO WAKE!!!!!

From this point forward I will start posting the pics I take of boats passing by my dock on plane. Attached is map of the no wake zones. Please review it!! I will also begin to give your MC#'s to the local law enforcement.

BTW someone owes me some tackle from the lines I had in the water Saturday. You may want to check your jet drive for fishing line. Sunday, your wake bounced my neighbors boat off the sea wall, he was very angry, & said he plans to start writing down MC#'s also.

you had unattended lines in the water..... sounds like your quite the rule breaker also

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(sea urchin @ Jun 15 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(eddiebauer @ Jun 15 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NO WAKE!!!!!

you had unattended lines in the water..... sounds like your quite the rule breaker also

I walk off the dock to go to the bathroom. I don't pee in the water

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jun 15 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you get the MC's a ticket can be issued and you'll have to come to court as the witness. Easy enough done.

SWEET! So next time somebody pi*ses me off, I just get their MC numbers, call the cops and say they broke the no wake rule. BAM - instant ticket.

I can think of a few people I can use that one on

·
Registered
288 Posts
there are alot of boaters out there that could use a boaters safty class need to press to every one not just the one that really do know the rules

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
I am with you eddiebauer! That part of the lake is a no brainer. Anyone who has the slight knowledge of the Sni Bora knows better. The Sni is a part of the lake where most everyone that is in there "really knows" the lake because it's not for everyone. If you know what I mean?

Last year we took a couple boats into the Doty and anchored just inside the entrance from Sni (see pic - yellow mark) and we had to cut our day short because of the boats that literally came within a boat length of our raft on plane. A couple captains claimed that they had to do that because of shallow depth, and were real pissy about it to us. Yelling at us at times because they said we were in their way. My depth finder read 9' in the Doty channel and we were in 3-4' depth outside of the channel. These people were CRAZY thinking they had no other choice than to be on plane to get through there. We got our big boats in there at idle!!! What a JOKE
I just couldn't believe the nerve of these people taking off and passing by that close. We just got the hell out of there. Too stressful.

It is really a shame with situations like that. The Sni Bora/Doty are awesome to be in especially on anchor. Some people treat it like Muscamoot Bay.....

eddiebauer, If it is someone on here I hope this can be resolved peacfully without police. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ecoregion Map World Line Atlas

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(mark352 @ Jun 15 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>call em out eddie

you home today I may be by for that tour of the Island
I'll be in the dingy coming from Goose

I am in the city for most of the day

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
No wake zones are not followed enough.
600 feet over 26'
200 feet under 26'

No wake peroid areas.

It stinks when I go to brownes it take for every, no wake.
but it is better than a ticket.
But then again you can try to play the distance rule, but why chance it on a busy day.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I wouldn't blow through there even if it wasn't a no wake zone, out of respect for the people who have cottages there and it not being an extremely wide area. There's no need to fly through there especially when there are so many other places you can do so.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
7.1.3 Michigan NO WAKE
no wake 1

"No wake" is defined as "The slowest possible speed required in order to maintain steerage and headway."

In Michigan, it is unlawful to operate any vessel or personal watercraft (PWC) at greater than "no wake" speed when within 100 feet or less of docks, marinas, piers, moorages, boathouses, boat ramps, or people in the water, as well as the shoreline when the water is less than 3 feet deep, or if a passenger is located in the bow area, of a vessel that is not manufactured to provide bow seating. These rules do not apply to commercial vessels or river navigation because in such instances more speed may be needed to ensure a safe passage.

PWCs must come to "no wake" speed when within 200 feet or less of the shoreline when operating on any of the Great Lakes bordering Michigan.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I've anchored along the edge of the Doty (1/2 the boat in the weeds, fishing) and have had one of the Doty cottage owners (23-25' White open console) blow past me on plane a number of times... do same rules apply to him or only non-cottage folks?

If I can get in there with a 31 ft'r at no wake, there's really no "I gotta be on plane" excuse.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(Capn Ken @ Jun 15 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've anchored along the edge of the Doty (1/2 the boat in the weeds, fishing) and have had one of the Doty cottage owners (23-25' White open console) blow past me on plane a number of times... do same rules apply to him or only non-cottage folks?

If I can get in there with a 31 ft'r at no wake, there's really no "I gotta be on plane" excuse.

uhhhh, same rules apply. Maybe not to the cottage owner, but to Mr. Sheriff it applies

·
Registered
701 Posts
5 of the people who have cottages on the Doty have centers white
I have not seen them going fast between the cottages in 25 years.
When boats get past my house going out of the Doty to the lake
It no longer is NO WAKE.
The Doty opens up to more than 200 ft.wide with no shore line going in to the lake.

Here is a picture of a 38 sitting at the end Doty going in the lake

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts