·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(5minutejimmy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you think I can get 'em through the ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to waste good bait on 'em though.
I hate catching those things they always end up in my trash or garden.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 28 2010, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(5minutejimmy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you think I can get 'em through the ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to waste good bait on 'em though.

trash or garden, i hope u dont take them home lol

i got a ticket for using them as bait, im still confused as why we cant use them as bait
it was when i was young and use to fish pike with them back in the day

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(taizer @ Jan 28 2010, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 28 2010, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(5minutejimmy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you think I can get 'em through the ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to waste good bait on 'em though.

trash or garden, i hope u dont take them home lol

i got a ticket for using them as bait, im still confused as why we cant use them as bait

Yea that makes no sense to me. I watched a episode of michigan out doors and the dnr was using them for bait on the st clair river for catching sturgon yet we cant use them?

·
Registered
992 Posts
They make great bass bait. I think the dnr should let us use them in turn thinning out the population of them nasty things

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I may be wrong but this was discussed before as long as they are dead you can transport them its the alive ones that are against dnr regs

If this turns into a discussion please everyone remain civil

·
Registered
182 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jan 28 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it was some one pretending to be a gobie charter capt for 15 dollars a day he would help you catch 3-4 oz gobies

thats too funny but as far as the bait purpose one of the hardest htting eyes ive ever had was when I was fishing off the wall in Port Huron with crawlers and a goby hooked himself and a walter hit him and slid him on up the line that walter was 27.5" 4.5lbs and a nice fighter.. Now my question is since I didnt know the goby was on there coz they cant ring the bell is that legal??

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
QUOTE(gone fishin @ Jan 28 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jan 28 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it was some one pretending to be a gobie charter capt for 15 dollars a day he would help you catch 3-4 oz gobies

thats too funny but as far as the bait purpose one of the hardest htting eyes ive ever had was when I was fishing off the wall in Port Huron with crawlers and a goby hooked himself and a walter hit him and slid him on up the line that walter was 27.5" 4.5lbs and a nice fighter.. Now my question is since I didnt know the goby was on there coz they cant ring the bell is that legal??

perfectly legal
as long as u didnt hook the goby then its legal
now a dnr arguing that its illegal would be a different thing

·
Registered
81 Posts
[/quote]

its because ther an endagerd species

·
Registered
735 Posts
Gobies are not endangered species, they are an INVASIVE species. the are not native to these waters and the DNR does not want them using them as bait because of the possible spread into other lakes that do not have them.

ALthough, didn't someone post a study or something a ways back that said the gobies are giving a positive effect on teh ecosystem due to all of the fish eating them. i wouldn't be surprised. bass, walleye, pike, adn even perch are eatin them.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(soule @ Feb 26 2010, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gobies are not endangered species, they are an INVASIVE species. the are not native to these waters and the DNR does not want them using them as bait because of the possible spread into other lakes that do not have them.

ALthough, didn't someone post a study or something a ways back that said the gobies are giving a positive effect on teh ecosystem due to all of the fish eating them. i wouldn't be surprised. bass, walleye, pike, adn even perch are eatin them.

I've found many gobies in the bellies of fish that I've caught, taken home and cleaned. Fond some in the bellies of some fish I cleaned just the other day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts