Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope the rest of you guys didnt spend your weekend like i did. i wanted to go fishing but instead decided to stay home both saturday and sunday to watch some red wings playoff hockey.

i am and have been for years a die hard red wing fan. i grew up on ice. i played hockey for 8 years. my father played hockey, my grandfather played hockey. the love of the sport runs in the family, ever since my ancestors settled in nova scotia from scotland in the early 1900s.

to say i am dissapointed in the team would be an understatement. but i am more disappointed in myself for wasting two days of fishing time to watch those no talent bums skate aimlessly up and down the ice for a lucky win on saturday and a well deserved loss on sunday.

just kidding about the no talent part. the wings rule. but i do wish i had been on the water rather than the couch.

the wings need to step it up, and im sure they will. its cup time baby, we cant afford to play this way.

i talked to kocur the other day, but he still wont let me lace up and get out there. i think i could do a better job than chelios on D. but thats just me

anyway, i learned my lesson for now. im sure i will do the same thing next weekend. but if they play good, it wont be wasted time, right?!?!?!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

madman himself

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have to say i agree with ya madman, Nashvile is not a top team but they do have youth and a lot of speed, Wings have smarts but not the body to keep up with them, i do think they will pull it out some how,,,,, but ya go fishing my man and bring a radio,,,,, 1270.......

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The wings will be fine!! Yes, they played like a bunch of ol ladies sunday, but they also got NO breaks whatsoever,....and for a team like Nashville to beat the wings,...every break in the game is going to have to go Nashville's way,..and that ain't gonna happen!! The wings have the play-off experience and they're notorious for giving a game or two away every year and almost in every series! Hatcher, for all intents and purposes is just now getting in game shape!! Everyone else has a whole season under their garters and he's just getting started. That stupid-a$$ mistake he made yesterday WON'T happen again, and Nashville capitalized on it.....it was a good goal...gotta give'em credit!!
We came alive in the 3rd period, but that isn't going to get it done if you're down 2-0!! Their 3rd goal sealed the deal!! I think the Wings will come out in the 4th game and clean their clocks,...both physically and strategically and seal the deal at home in game 5!! We see this every year.....I think they'll play better in game 4 than the 1st three combined! The WINGS rule and they will GITER-Done!!!! IMHO!!
Mark my words.......game 4,..Wings 4..Nashville 1!!

Mac

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Major wing nut here!!!!!
Started skating when i was 4 yrs. old.
Started first Senior A team in the city of Troy. Troy Golden Eagles.
Played hockey all the time, had own rink. Whole community enjoyed it one side for hockey other side for skating.City flooded it. Dad was on Troy Planning Commission. (he had pull)
Wings are a hall of fame team and won't let us down. They will capture the cup and make us all proud. No one's won them all and can't blame any one player Hatcher did cough it up but we could of had more goals. Easy for me to say. lol Hockey is brutal and our guys will come through. I think back to back games took there toll and the Wings ate to much candy from there Easter Baskets and had tummy acke's lol.

Yes madman fish and listen to game, You can always tape it and there you go the answer to not missing it is in your VCR now.

h2o<-----says GO WINGS, Karen Newman rule's also.. oh my!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karen Newman does rule. she bought me a beer at The Post. she was up there with Maltby, Draper, and Hasek. no one would even talk to them, i think people were nervous. but i went up and talked to them. i told Ms. Newman that she has an extraordinary voice and Detroit is proud to have her sing our nations anthem. she liked that and said " That calls for a beer". She is a classy lady, and quite a looker.

madman himself

Maybe next time i will tell you all how i carp slapped Joey Kocur

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did any one tell the Wings this is the playoffs. They are still stuck in regular season gear. They need to take it up a few gears or more! Nashville is a young hungry team and they have upped there level of play. We have played one good period of hockey, game one period three, and one luck filled game. Now it is time to call on all the talent and playoff experence we have. If we can do that and Manny keeps playing the way he has we will go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
GO WINGS
We do have the hottest and best singer in the NHL.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You know Madman, I was gonna call you up, but thought you'd be out there fishin so I didnt...I went to Cheli's Chili Bar to watch the game...Thats Chris Chelios' place...great chili...the chicken chili is awesome. But yeah....would have rather gone fishin...

Jose

·
Registered
467 Posts
I ended up watching more of Phil Mickelson at the Masters than the wings yesterday...at least he came to play...

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Some of you guys can knock the wings all you want but as in all playoff hockey a hot goal tender can make all the difference. The wings led in shots on goal in the first and third periods, 13 to 5, 6 to 7, and 23 to 9, with the totals 42 to 21. This doesn't sound like a team that was out played to me. Yokoun was unbelievably hot.

I think H2o had a good point that when playing a lot younger team no day off for travel is a real disadvantage for the Wings and yet they still out shot Nashville. They played on Saturday instead of Friday because the TV network wanted it that way for the better viewer numbers. You can't blame the network for that, money does talk!

It would help you know if you guys would wear red shirts and light red candles durring the game. We do. Can't hurt!

Jim

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Nothing but Positive thinging in my world with our mighty Red Wings. I remember last year boom gone in the first round skunked 4-0 I was devasted. Looked at wifie and said hockey is over. Not this year. All the way this year Baby. I'm so pumped to stand on 11 mile and hold my stanley cup i manufactured. Last time they won I had one 4 feet tall set it down ran home for a second came back it it was gone. Rats!!!! Won't make that mistake this year. Yes Old Man of the Sea, We'll be celebrating soon. I'll even drink a beer. Hockey has so many variables, you can't predict anything. But as we watch them pound other teams into the ice we'll get stronger every game.

h2o<---says Pavel will turn on soon.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My cusin is Is Adam Hall #18 (preds) And this series is killing Me. I'm A die hard wings fan and I have been for my whole life. its great to see the wings do good but I'm so happy to see adam do good. I played a little hockey also (30 yrs) who are the bruins?

·
Registered
111 Posts
all i can say is no goals from Shanny,Zetterburg,Datsyuk,Lidstrom,Dandy,and Steve Yzerman,,,,,hum, could be a problemo..... not sure but i could be. Manny has been the stud of this team for the past 3 games. i mean come on Hull with 7 quality shots and one goal in 180 min of hockey.........not good...............sorry everyone just ventting,,,,,,,,,,need to go fishing and bring a radio ,,,,, going Thursday..... Good luck to all...........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts