Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

This Sucks

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  snowman 
#1 ·
This setting in front of the TV and not fishing is for the Birds. Thank G I'm booked Thursday and Friday. Will give a report after I get out..

TIP. Downsize in Super Clear water and see if it helps with your catch rate. Keep a record of what size of fish you catch on each lure you use. Don't leave it to memory as you will get it mixed up for sure. I know I'm taking more fish on the smaller baits in the real clean water. So far this season we have had more fish up behing the Classic Brunner Runner's than the Super's. Give it a try it won't Hurt LOL. Good Fishing Bob

#2 ·
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jul 1 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This setting in front of the TV and not fishing is for the Birds. Thank G I'm booked Thursday and Friday. Will give a report after I get out..

TIP. Downsize in Super Clear water and see if it helps with your catch rate. Keep a record of what size of fish you catch on each lure you use. Don't leave it to memory as you will get it mixed up for sure. I know I'm taking more fish on the smaller baits in the real clean water. So far this season we have had more fish up behing the Classic Brunner Runner's than the Super's. Give it a try it won't Hurt LOL. Good Fishing Bob

Sorry to see you sitting in front of the old toob boob. I'm stuck at work right now and feel about the same way. Though I am getting out tonight if weather is not too bad. Good luck on Thur and Fri. Reel in a big one!

#3 ·
QUOTE(MuskieGirl @ Jul 1 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jul 1 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This setting in front of the TV and not fishing is for the Birds. Thank G I'm booked Thursday and Friday. Will give a report after I get out..

Sorry to see you sitting in front of the old toob boob. I'm stuck at work right now and feel about the same way. Though I am getting out tonight if weather is not too bad. Good luck on Thur and Fri. Reel in a big one!

that's was what I was going to say 'sitting at work sucks too'

#9 ·
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jul 1 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This setting in front of the TV and not fishing is for the Birds. Thank G I'm booked Thursday and Friday. Will give a report after I get out..

Why don't you just go fishing for fun?

#12 ·
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 1 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You got a boat sittin in your driveway-------USE IT!!!!

Bob, I'll stop by on Monday if your home.

I should be home.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today I had a 12 year and a 16 year old out with their Grandpa and what a blast. I will write a complete report tomorrow night after I get in. Believe it or not I just booked Sunday (Ouch)

Good Fishing All. Bob

#16 ·
You are on Girl.

#17 ·
Have a few minutes before I head out today so here is the story of yesterday.. We weren't out long and the 16 year old had a legal follow a Brunner Runner up to the boat but she just shyed away from the bait. The they each caught a Bass. The kid as I called him (12) had a fish of a little over 3 foot came at full speed and nailed a Lucy's lulu Classic Brunner Runner and just went balistic on the end of the line. It jumped all over the place and on its last Jump tossed the Buck Tail up in the air. I could not believe the Kid's reaction. He looked at my and put his hand on his Heart and said Oh its beating like crazy. What a thrill. This out of the mouth of a 12 year old.. Within a few more cast he had another one follow Lucy up to the boat and hit at it twice but didn't hook up. Then they both got into more Bass. Right around 1:30 the 16 year old just froze as a 50 plus came up under the Bummer's Bee he was throwing. He stopped the bee and as most of us learn that when you stop a bait in front of a Muskie the usually turn away. I am going to put this one into my memories along with a Phoito of the one photo of one of the Bass the 12 year old caught.

Good Fishing All. Bob

#18 ·
Didn't get on the water until 11 A.M. and the fishing was terrible until 4 P.M. then the fish turned on like someone pulled the switch and both the Bass and the Muskie came alive. We landed one 47 incher and had others around us. Caught several Bass the biggest came on a Lucy's Lulu of all things. The Biggest Muskie were behind Brunner Runners and one nice fish came after a Red Eye.

#19 ·
Hey Mike sorry I missed you today as I had to run to the bank. Saw you leave my Sub as I was getting home. Maybe next week. Bob

#22 ·
July 2nd was tough Bob but glad to hear the kids got a few thrills. I went in and picked up Billbuster and went back out. We ended up with 2 Musky, 2 Pike, 2 Walleye, and a handful of Perch and Bass. Stayed in the same area all day. Not a bad day after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.