Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this weather makes my skin soooooo itchy and dry!!!
I have tried eucerin, lubriderm and every lotion out there any suggestions!!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Jan 7 2004, 11:18 AM)Ok this weather makes my skin soooooo itchy and dry!!!
body lotion? i use nivea and dont have a problem.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Jan 7 2004, 11:18 AM)Ok this weather makes my skin soooooo itchy and dry!!!
try body butter by the bath shop!! It rocks!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
My hands get EXTREMELY dry from using my wheelchair. I've tried a lot of lotions and Neutrogena Norwegian Formula seems to work the best for me. It's pretty thick, so you don't have to put it on real often and it doesn't leave your hands greasy.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Intimidator @ Jan 7 2004, 11:29 AM)My hands get EXTREMELY dry from using my wheelchair. I've tried a lot of lotions and Neutrogena Norwegian Formula seems to work the best for me. It's pretty thick, so you don't have to put it on real often and it doesn't leave your hands greasy.
I have not tried the neutrogena yet, perhaps I will!!!! It is probably expensive though!!! Perhaps I will try the body butter. I have some, but it is a little greasy. Nivea I just bought so.... I try that out too.

Well.... maybe I'll test the different stuffs out on differnt parts of my body
It will be like some sort of derranged science project!!

Thanks for the tips everybody!!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Aveeno bathes.......I let my kids bathe in it once a week just to keep them from getting dry skin........For my hands I use non-powdered surgical gloves with Neutrogena Norwegian Formula overnite.... always works for me

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Jan 7 2004, 12:27 PM)QUOTE(Girlie @ Jan 7 2004, 11:18 AM) Ok this weather makes my skin soooooo itchy and dry!!!
I'm with Manana II, body butter rocks!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Jan 7 2004, 11:41 AM)QUOTE(manana-II @ Jan 7 2004, 12:27 PM) QUOTE(Girlie @ Jan 7 2004, 11:18 AM) Ok this weather makes my skin soooooo itchy and dry!!!
yeah, its kinda 'spensive, but think it works the best.. also, for a quick fix.. when and if you take baths.... pour a bunch of baby oil in the tub (but make sure to clean it out afterwards, otherwise it will be very slippery)- that works wonders also!!
I am addicted to lotion.. i use a tub of body butter in about 2 weeks...

·
Registered
409 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Jan 7 2004, 11:41 AM)QUOTE(manana-II @ Jan 7 2004, 12:27 PM) QUOTE(Girlie @ Jan 7 2004, 11:18 AM) Ok this weather makes my skin soooooo itchy and dry!!!
I too have real dry skin in the winter. Use The Body Shop shower gel and right when you get out of the shower use the body butter. You can't beat it!!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only thing I do not like is it is greasy!!!! But at this point I do not care. A baby oil bath would be great right now!!! (Not going to do that Mike) I do not want him to leave work!!!
(JK)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Jan 7 2004, 11:18 AM)... and every lotion out there any suggestions!!!!
do you really wanna ask that qestion with this group a' smart arse's?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I use my own special brand of lotion for my hands at least once a day.

And it's free too.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Jan 7 2004, 11:49 AM)I use my own special brand of lotion for my hands at least once a day.

And it's free too.

·
Registered
741 Posts
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Jan 7 2004, 11:49 AM)I use my own special brand of lotion for my hands at least once a day.

And it's free too.

So that's why you have Popeye forearms!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
i agree with a few of the above.

Nutragena
or
Aveeno.

I Prefer the aveeno. they have a great lotion and a body wash that'll leave your skin silky smoove.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(labdog @ Jan 7 2004, 04:16 PM)and drink lots of water
I know I should drink more water. I like it, for some reason I just do not do it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Girlie. I have psoriasis on my legs and this type of weather really drys them out, so here's what I do on a daily basis...Before I get out of the shower I use Neutrogena Body Oil and rub it in good. Get out of the shower and DO NOT dry off, let your skin air dry. Apply Eucerin Body CREAM not lotion. The Cream is very thick and doesn't soak into my clothes. I let the lotion soak in to my legs before I get dressed. If it is really cold outside I wear long johns because the cold sucks the moisture out. You also need to make sure you are drinking enough water because that helps keep my skin moisturized from the inside out.

I hope that helps. This routine is a pain, but it's the only thing that works.

Oh, and if this doesn't work, my mother-in-law uses Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash and Aveeno Lotion after her shower and that works great for her.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Ladybug @ Jan 7 2004, 04:57 PM)Hey Girlie. I have psoriasis on my legs and this type of weather really drys them out, so here's what I do on a daily basis...Before I get out of the shower I use Neutrogena Body Oil and rub it in good. Get out of the shower and DO NOT dry off, let your skin air dry. Apply Eucerin Body CREAM not lotion. The Cream is very thick and doesn't soak into my clothes. I let the lotion soak in to my legs before I get dressed. If it is really cold outside I wear long johns because the cold sucks the moisture out. You also need to make sure you are drinking enough water because that helps keep my skin moisturized from the inside out.

I hope that helps. This routine is a pain, but it's the only thing that works.

Oh, and if this doesn't work, my mother-in-law uses Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash and Aveeno Lotion after her shower and that works great for her.
Great tips!!! Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts