Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are or who you want
to become. You never know who these people may be (possibly your roommate, neighbor, coworker, long lost friend, lover, or even a complete stranger) but when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower, or heart. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, whatever they may
be, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet who affect your life, and the success and downfalls you experience help to create who you become. Even the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious when you open your heart. If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because in a way, they are teaching you to love and how to open your heart and eyes to things.

Make every day count!!! Appreciate every moment and take from those moments everything that you possibly can for you may never be able to experience it again. Talk to people that you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Let yourself fall in love, break free, and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, it will be hard for others to believe in you. You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life then go out and live it with absolutely no regrets.
*MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!* If you LOVE someone tell him or her, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I would like to claim that I wrote this but a good friend sent it to me and it touched me so I wanted to share it with all of you. I was thinking of all the LSCN friends I have made.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Jun 9 2003, 10:54 AM)*MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!* If you LOVE someone tell him or her, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store!!!

I've lost out because of this one.

Deep for a Monday but very good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
VERY well put! Thank's I needed to see that today.

"A tree that reaches past your embrace grows from one small seed.

A structure over nine stories high begins with a handful of earth.

A journey of a thousand miles begins but with a single step." (Tao 64.)

The principal of dynamic balance:(This is absolute law.)

"Having and not having produce one another.
Difficult and easy balance each other.
Long and short complete one another.
High and low rely on each other.
Pitch and tone make harmony together.
Beginning and ending follow each other."

And one other thought: People spend all their lives waiting for their ship to come in. On the day you are born your ship sets sail. The JOURNEY is the thing. When your ship DOES come back in, it'll be carring your lifeless body with it. . .live it up. . .it takes guts to "live the dream".

Now get out there and SPANK 'EM !

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Baby-Doll! Thank you for sharing.......It truly hits my heart and explains my life perfectly right now! Some days are really rough (like today
)but, I always get through them.

HHHMMMM......Is a good spanking in order?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Wow - what a magical world of make believe! I guess if that works for you, great.

But how about this - almost everything except those few things you can control is coincidence, nothing happens because it was meant to. Oh, and that includes your own death - no one has a "time" ("doesn't matter what you do - when it's your time, it's your time").

Take responsibility for your life and what happens in it to the greatest of your ability. Understand that you choose to love and respect others, and be responsible for your choices. Realizing the scarcity of good friendships and wonderful moments, appreciate them.

Expect others to also be responsible. Enforce your own system of justice - don't forgive those who wrong you. Maybe eventually people will learn not to do wrong expecting they are owed forgiveness.

Nothing lasts forever ("this too shall pass") so enjoy the good things in your life and survive the bad.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Jun 9 2003, 10:54 AM)Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are or who you want
to become. You never know who these people may be (possibly your roommate, neighbor, coworker, long lost friend, lover, or even a complete stranger) but when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower, or heart. Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, whatever they may
be, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet who affect your life, and the success and downfalls you experience help to create who you become. Even the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious when you open your heart. If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because in a way, they are teaching you to love and how to open your heart and eyes to things.

Make every day count!!! Appreciate every moment and take from those moments everything that you possibly can for you may never be able to experience it again. Talk to people that you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Let yourself fall in love, break free, and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, it will be hard for others to believe in you. You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life then go out and live it with absolutely no regrets.
*MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!* If you LOVE someone tell him or her, for you never know what tomorrow may have in store!!!

That was Gay.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jun 9 2003, 12:46 PM)QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Jun 9 2003, 10:54 AM) Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help you figure out who you are or who you want

That was Gay.

Just Kidding!!!!

I have a lot of respect for someone who wears their heart on their sleeve.
That was touching and uplifting.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey boatmonkey, did I read you right? "Enforse your own system of justise". ? Are you kidding me? Maybe I'm just takin' this the wrong way but, don't try enforsing your own system of justise in my neighborhood. We carry hollow points, the steel jacketed variety. Again a thousand pardons if I read that the wrong way, but it just kind of hit me strange.
<_< .

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
'a reason, a season, or a lifetime' i always say!

very beautifully put, babydoll!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Enforce your own system of justice - not to override the legal system but to reinforce it in your own life.

Point is, I can't understand people forgiving those who wrong them, then expecting they shouldn't be wronged by someone else. Why not? What the hell, you're just going to forgive them so why shouldn't they lie to you, cheat you, steal from you, etc.

I say you should relagate people to the proper spots in your life based on how they behave toward you. If they wrong you in a small way, reconsider their relationship to you in whatever way seems appropraite. If they wrong you in a big way, write them off, be done with them. If you had a good relationship, they'll miss it and learn not to treat others the way they treated you.

I'm not very forgiving but I am fair and reasonable.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gottcha. I'm with ya. I figured I diddn't have that right.
I especially agree with the part about walking away from the people who do you wrong. A lot of people want to get revenge and that's where it comes back to bite you in the A$$. . .I don't know if forgiveness is the right word in this whole conversation. It's more like realizing what the deal is and, as I like to call it, take out the garbage, and move on. Anyway, got my release papers in hand. . .Gone fishin'
B.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(Camp-2-Fires @ Jun 9 2003, 03:37 PM)I especially agree with the part about walking away from the people who do you wrong...

It's more like realizing what the deal is and...and move on.
100% totally agree with you Bob. There comes a point where you have to count your losses and realize you are fighting a losing battle and hit the shoe leather express.

Humbling? Perhaps.....

Is is a learning experience? Each and EVERY time.

Does this pertain to special, irreplacable people in your life (sometimes even family members)? In certain circumstances, yes it does.

Should I finally learn to wake up and smell the coffee a little earlier maybe? Yep!

'nuff said on my $.02

ps. Happy you're not a vigilante boatmonkey - was getting a little worried at first!

BTW ~ Nice post BabyDoll

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just wanted to share this with everyone because alot of it seems to be how the path of my life has gone this far.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(boatmonkey @ Jun 9 2003, 02:20 PM)Enforce your own system of justice - not to override the legal system but to reinforce it in your own life.

Point is, I can't understand people forgiving those who wrong them, then expecting they shouldn't be wronged by someone else. Why not? What the hell, you're just going to forgive them so why shouldn't they lie to you, cheat you, steal from you, etc.

I say you should relagate people to the proper spots in your life based on how they behave toward you. If they wrong you in a small way, reconsider their relationship to you in whatever way seems appropraite. If they wrong you in a big way, write them off, be done with them. If you had a good relationship, they'll miss it and learn not to treat others the way they treated you.

I'm not very forgiving but I am fair and reasonable.
Dude you trip me out and I think you have some serious anger management issues. That being said I can't wait to actually meet you because you never cease to amuse me. I gotta say that I live my life by the credo "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on Me!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts