Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow - what a magical world of make believe! I guess if that works for you, great.

But how about this - almost everything except those few things you can control is coincidence, nothing happens because it was meant to. Oh, and that includes your own death - no one has a "time" ("doesn't matter what you do - when it's your time, it's your time").

Take responsibility for your life and what happens in it to the greatest of your ability. Understand that you choose to love and respect others, and be responsible for your choices. Realizing the scarcity of good friendships and wonderful moments, appreciate them.

Expect others to also be responsible. Enforce your own system of justice - don't forgive those who wrong you. Maybe eventually people will learn not to do wrong expecting they are owed forgiveness.

Nothing lasts forever ("this too shall pass") so enjoy the good things in your life and survive the bad.

· Registered
1,865 Posts
Enforce your own system of justice - not to override the legal system but to reinforce it in your own life.

Point is, I can't understand people forgiving those who wrong them, then expecting they shouldn't be wronged by someone else. Why not? What the hell, you're just going to forgive them so why shouldn't they lie to you, cheat you, steal from you, etc.

I say you should relagate people to the proper spots in your life based on how they behave toward you. If they wrong you in a small way, reconsider their relationship to you in whatever way seems appropraite. If they wrong you in a big way, write them off, be done with them. If you had a good relationship, they'll miss it and learn not to treat others the way they treated you.

I'm not very forgiving but I am fair and reasonable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.