Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hit the lake with the nephew and buddy today. Lines in around 10:45 am. Ran the usual program trolling harnesses with 1.5 oz BB's @1.5mph in 18fow. Called it a day about 6:15 pm after going through 12-dozen crawlers. Ended up harvesteing 5 walleye and 7 nice perch. Caught and released numerous dink perch and rockbass, a few sheephead and smallies, and 2 small skis. Also lost a mid-forties ski at boatside. The bite was best after 3:30pm. It was a beautiful weekday on the pond with very low boat traffic.
Food Seafood Ingredient Cuisine Fish

Fish Fin Tail Ray-finned fish Marine biology

Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Cloud

Water Shorts Muscle Sky Goggles

Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Shorts

Water Sky Smile Vertebrate Fin

Water Sky Smile Sleeve Cap

Water Shorts Vertebrate Boat Sky

Water Jaw Gesture Fish Finger

The End!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Probably past you at some point. Was out in search of bass and caught walleye and pike on tube jigs. Plus some bass.

Started out by a rock field out from 13 mile, then moved towards the channel in the area by #29. Drifted towards #27. Walleye was 22" 3.5 lbs, pike about 34-36" est.weight maybe about 7-10 lbs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE(doubleJ @ Aug 27 2009, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hit the lake with the nephew and buddy today. Lines in around 10:45 am. Ran the usual program trolling harnesses with 1.5 oz BB's @1.5mph in 18fow. Called it a day about 6:15 pm after going through 12-dozen crawlers. Ended up harvesteing 5 walleye and 7 nice perch. Caught and released numerous dink perch and rockbass, a few sheephead and smallies, and 2 small skis. Also lost a mid-forties ski at boatside. The bite was best after 3:30pm. It was a beautiful weekday on the pond with very low boat traffic.
View attachment 66001
View attachment 66003
View attachment 66002
View attachment 66004
View attachment 66005
View attachment 66006
View attachment 66007
View attachment 66008
View attachment 66009
The End!

That is the best ending to a fish story I have ever seen.

·
Registered
382 Posts
A buddy and I fished from 6:30 till 1ish, had a lot of action north of the SCL early, Bass and 2 Giant Sheephead. Went searching for walleye below the SCL found 1 and a few keeper perch. 34"Musky also.

Draino

·
3,236 Posts
12 dozen worms, holy crap!
Sounds like you guys had a heck of a good time though. Nothing better than weekday fishing. In the last couple of years I have almost completely stopped fishing on the weekends unless it is at night. Nice job and great report.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 28 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>12 dozen worms, holy crap!
Sounds like you guys had a heck of a good time though. Nothing better than weekday fishing. In the last couple of years I have almost completely stopped fishing on the weekends unless it is at night. Nice job and great report.

When harness trolling I always go out with no less than 12 dozen crawlers because the leftovers, if any, allways get stored in the fridge until the next time. In most cases we end up using them all to satisfy the dink perch, rockbass, smallmouth, sheepheads, and muskies in our quest for table fare (nice sized perch and walleyes). If you use them all, then you had a productive fun filled day catching fish. If you dont use them all, they store nicely in the fridge and you have less to purchase the next time out. They don't go to waste.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts