Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any comments on the article in Thurs. Detroit FREEP sports section about DR walleye fishing. Anyone done any good ? I did fairly good in Trenton Channel last couple weeks but am going to try going out from St. Jeans Launch first of next week on American side. Im to cheap to buy a Canadian License & u cant use live bait without getting fined up the wazoo, seems like from all the reports earlier in the year they really did well over there. You would figure for the cost, the Canadian mnr would have a weekly fishing report like the mdnr. I dont understand why the dnr does not charge more for a fish license to canadians. Will post my results middle of next week. Would like to hear good or bad results if anyone has some.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(alc @ Aug 20 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone have any comments on the article in Thurs. Detroit FREEP sports section about DR walleye fishing. Anyone done any good ? I did fairly good in Trenton Channel last couple weeks but am going to try going out from St. Jeans Launch first of next week on American side. Im to cheap to buy a Canadian License & u cant use live bait without getting fined up the wazoo, seems like from all the reports earlier in the year they really did well over there. You would figure for the cost, the Canadian mnr would have a weekly fishing report like the mdnr. I dont understand why the dnr does not charge more for a fish license to canadians. Will post my results middle of next week. Would like to hear good or bad results if anyone has some.

Ya, turn about is fair play. Charge them $75 like they charge us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 20 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(alc @ Aug 20 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone have any comments on the article in Thurs. Detroit FREEP sports section about DR walleye fishing. Anyone done any good ? I did fairly good in Trenton Channel last couple weeks but am going to try going out from St. Jeans Launch first of next week on American side. Im to cheap to buy a Canadian License & u cant use live bait without getting fined up the wazoo, seems like from all the reports earlier in the year they really did well over there. You would figure for the cost, the Canadian mnr would have a weekly fishing report like the mdnr. I dont understand why the dnr does not charge more for a fish license to canadians. Will post my results middle of next week. Would like to hear good or bad results if anyone has some.

Ya, turn about is fair play. Charge them $75 like they charge us.

Ditto !!! might help our dnr revenues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(stick em @ Aug 21 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ill be going out of st jean early next week also

Mabee i will run into you, my name is Andy. I try talk to talk to frendly fellow anglers on the water. I will be in my buddy's boat, dont know what it is yet. Good luck !

·
Registered
5 Posts
just got in from st. jean. pulled wire from 7 till 10ish. got 2 smallmouth and 2 rock bass. fished in front of the joe up to the b.i. bridge. you might wanna try north towards alter rd. hope that helps and good luck.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i cant copy and paste on my PS3, but go to the Fishing Hole at the top, its posted as : detroit river, about 7 threads down.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(yellowbelly @ Aug 21 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just got in from st. jean. pulled wire from 7 till 10ish. got 2 smallmouth and 2 rock bass. fished in front of the joe up to the b.i. bridge. you might wanna try north towards alter rd. hope that helps and good luck.

Not sure where Alter rd. is but we usually do good jigging in spring & early summer out in lake at 2nd lighted large tower drifting into river channel & near old round detroit water intake building thats where we will be fishing. I will look up Alter rd. and take your advice. Thanks!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts