Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out and dragged the wire thursday night. pretty windy and big waves pre-dusk, but then everything settled down. very few boats out, and none where we fish.

out 3 hours, and got our limit of 15. fish came on all 3 lead lengths, so there was no preference there. Rapalas, of course (best all around lure in the world), in black/silver and orange/white. no light biters, these bad boys hit hard. even caught one 10 feet off bottom, as i was bringing up the lines to check for weeds. will post a picture later on if i get a chance.

any other river rats beside me know how to use a computer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good to hear t-dud, has the wind torn up the river really bad ? you know for us jiggers, all this wind has been killing me , nice and warm just that dam wind, and you know how it goes no boat controll no fish............= high wind no boat control =No FISH...... again good job my man....................

·
Registered
46 Posts
ripping, the water in the Wyandotte/Ecorse area was quite clear this morning, and the jig bite was very good. Wind was fairly light early, and when it picked up mid-morning I just moved my drift downstream from Mud Is. to get the shelter of the Wyandotte shoreline.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is a pic of my friend brian with a couple of those 'eyes from last night.

as far as the wind messing up the river....it really doesn't effect us when handlining. rainy, windy, or perfect days, they just don't seem to matter. but i do admit, the boat control was tough yesterday. but not tough enough to stop us!!!

going back out tonight to get more!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where did you head out? Haven't been handlining yet this year, but I normally head for the St. Clair river and Marysville so the eyes get there a bit later

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we were down by cobo. and went out again last night. limit in 2 1/2 hours, including one that looked like a mixed breed (looked like a wally, but with spots) talked to others who weren't doing as well. gotta be the rapalas. others were using spoons and pencil plugs -- ugh! we took my 6 months preggo wife out with us, she played the part of capitan, and put us in the fish from the get go. once again, same thing with the colors orange/gold and black/silver rapalas. none came on the short leads this time, all of em were on the 20's and 40's. probably about 10 boats, but they all moved up and down the riverfront, not sticking with any particular area (except us). done fishin by 10:30. a good night again!

has anyone gotten any steelies handlining this year? we got 3 last spring, but haven't seen any yet. oh yeah, and my buddy got a 4 lb smally last night too. screamin for the net as soon as it hit, but when he saw it, the disappointment set in.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts