Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Esoxfly and I are going to tear them up in the morning til about 2 Pm. Look out fish here we come Lol.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I will tell you something that The Hall of Fame Lure that Rick James made up for me walks the dog like a pro. It will get tested again in the morning.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Met up with Bob this morning and I don't think we had a break in the conversation for the next seven hours! I've met Bob before, but never fished with him, and it was a blast. We started out kinda slow, but Bob kicked it in gear with a very nice LSC pike, and then a "bass" that we later got to thinking was a pretty nice muskie. Never saw the fish, but Bob said he saw 20" of girth. That makes for a big fish. Had a couple other follows and some action here and there, but the big girls had other plans today.

But that's of little matter to me. I spent the day in the boat with a true gentleman, and I think today Bob shared with me maybe .0005% of all the stories, lore and knowledge he has cooped up in that head of his. Bob is a pleasure to have in the boat, as long as you bring him cold orange Gatorade! LOL It's got to be cold though, and I'm glad mine was.

I've got a pic on my camera, but I'm late for work. Just wanted to post and say thanks to Bob and I do look forward to doing it again.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Aug 12 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will tell you something that The Hall of Fame Lure that Rick James made up for me walks the dog like a pro. It will get tested again in the morning.

Gald you like the lure Bob. Sounds like you guys had a great time on the water. .0005%- Now thats funny!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick that is the best tracking walk the dog I have ever used. Even I can work it right. Lol

It was beyond a doubt a decent Muskie only had a couple of sightings. I did at the last second see a big head shaking the lure loose.

Jeff is a blast to fish with and it was a great day on the water

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Aug 13 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rick that is the best tracking walk the dog I have ever used. Even I can work it right. Lol

It was beyond a doubt a decent Muskie only had a couple of sightings. I did at the last second see a big head shaking the lure loose.

Jeff is a blast to fish with and it was a great day on the water

Awesome! I like my lures with 3 hooks but the action was way better with only 2. I feel if a big girl comes up and wants to eat it,she will. One hook will not make a difference. (In my opinion) If its meant to be, its meant to be!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To tell the truth I don't like the thrid hook on my big baits. I usually take the middle hook off. I don't think you lose many fish because of it not being there. Plus it is easier to release the fish.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Myself and the gentleman.....

He won "first fish" yesterday on the water. I think he also wins "best looking" too. (Dang if I'm doing half as well as Bob is at that point in my life, I'll be doing damn good.)

Thanks for going fishing with me Bob.

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just look old. LOL

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
About 25 to 30.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.