Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my shanty due to the wind.....probably in canada. Luckily, no one was in side. I lost my shanty, my spear and almost all my gear. I had both my hands on it and the wind just took it. I reached out to grab it and grabbed the arm of my chair and that's all I have left
I got a good laugh out of it and so did a lot of other people. I have A LOT more respect for mother nature now lol.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
how would u risk it that almost happened to me for one u wouldnt be able to keep up and two if it was any kind of a west wind it would be in canada

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
wow, that sucks. Figure they would make some type of shanty anchor instead of the do it yourself remedies. I would probably be floating in the ice going after that thing as much as they cost.

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE(jquintano78 @ Jan 31 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how would u risk it that almost happened to me for one u wouldnt be able to keep up and two if it was any kind of a west wind it would be in canada

i dunno, follow it till i fell in. im just saying, thats alot of stuff to lose at once

·
Registered
57 Posts
I feel ya. Almost lost my shanty on Wednesday or so. Lucky I had a buddy with me. The shanty was blowing away with him in it but not as fast. Finally decided to put the 60pound slab of ice in it. Seemed to hold fine with one person and the ice cube. If you're looking to buy another shanty craigslist is a good place to check.

peace,
-Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(givemethe @ Jan 31 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>holy crap, did it get to unsafe ice or something? i woulda risked it
We were on the edge of the good ice and the unsafe ice. It blew south west I believe. There was no going after it, before i could even think it was gone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(goodfaceman @ Feb 1 2010, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I feel ya. Almost lost my shanty on Wednesday or so. Lucky I had a buddy with me. The shanty was blowing away with him in it but not as fast. Finally decided to put the 60pound slab of ice in it. Seemed to hold fine with one person and the ice cube. If you're looking to buy another shanty craigslist is a good place to check.

peace,
-Paul

Thanks for the info but I fish all year round with some buddies ive known since middle school and one of them just went and bought a four man clam so I will always have a shanty to sit in. They also put together a box full of jigs and other stuff for me.

My one buddy is making me a new spear by the end of this week so im all good for the rest of this season. I don't know what I would do with out my friends.

·
Registered
322 Posts
you definatly need an ice anchor if your fishing in the wind, also helps to have both doors open so it doesnt catch the wind as much. sorry you lost your stuff, theres gonna be some lucky canuck LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(skullboner @ Feb 1 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you definatly need an ice anchor if your fishing in the wind, also helps to have both doors open so it doesnt catch the wind as much. sorry you lost your stuff, theres gonna be some lucky canuck LOL

Lol, thats exactly what we were all saying. "look at that ah, is that a shanty?" Oh well, next time I am at the store ill just buy some rope and an anchor (after I buy a new shanty of course).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.