Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Meh....I was just starting to like that clown and then he does this. I'm done with him and I don't care if he ever plays again. A guy's personal life is his personal life, but he really played the "I'm a great, clean role-model for your kids" and he pretty much blew that out of the water. If you're going to be a mess and behave poorly, be like John Daly and embrace it for all to see. Seriously. I respect him 100,000 time more than I do Tiger.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Soooooooo many people in the spotlight have made judgment errors (guess that's my way of saying it = mistakes) and life goes on for them and their fans/constituents/friends/families etc. I don't think he did a "good thing", but he did own up to his mistakes and I believe at this point he is sincere in his apology and truly hope he cleans up his act. Nobody's perfect, he is a great athlete and still is a role model for people who hope to make it in the sports world, and yes he has had indescretions but I'm not gonna persecute him. Look at Magic, Kobey (sp?), Marion Berry, Coleman - the list is endless - doesn't make it "ok" but he really didn't do bodily harm to anyone... I don't mean to make light of it but I just don't think it's something for which he should be singled out or held in poor regard by the general public... he has to make amends with those that matter, that's his battle. I'm still a fan of the golfer, and if he cleans up his act as a person I'm good with that too!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
people still hold JFK in high regard too. I know Tiger isnt in that league, but JFK should be held to higher standards.

I say leave him alone. Let him play golf and lets all move on. Its between him and his wife (and any potential sponsors) and leave it at that.

I didnt see the speech and have been saying the same thing since the story broke.

The world has bigger problems than a hooker buying golfer.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Feb 19 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>people still hold JFK in high regard too. I know Tiger isnt in that league, but JFK should be held to higher standards.

I say leave him alone. Let him play golf and lets all move on. Its between him and his wife (and any potential sponsors) and leave it at that.

I didnt see the speech and have been saying the same thing since the story broke.

The world has bigger problems than a hooker buying golfer.

I agree and I saw it until he said he was a booty man oops practiced Budism. Go on with your life I could give a crap.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I didn't see or hear the speech yet, but thought that the timing of it was interesting.
He is at the Players Championship on the Friday b4 play begins, and takes the
spotlight away from the tourney and other golfers with his pesonal issues.
Guess who the title sponsor of the tourney is . . .

Accenture, one of the first to dump him as a spokesman when this all broke.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(dnasty @ Feb 19 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Feb 19 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dnasty @ Feb 19 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, and you spelled wine wrong, too

Whine is spelled correctly

I guess it depends what wine or whine you are talking about
Call me Mr Dictionary

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(gradytom @ Feb 19 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didn't see or hear the speech yet, but thought that the timing of it was interesting.
He is at the Players Championship on the Friday b4 play begins, and takes the
spotlight away from the tourney and other golfers with his pesonal issues.
Guess who the title sponsor of the tourney is . . .

Accenture, one of the first to dump him as a spokesman when this all broke.

I also didnt like the timing of it and some golfers were grumbling about it too. BUT he did do the interview @ PGA HQ didnt he? If the PGA didnt have a problem with it, I guess no one should....

I said all he has to do is get back to golf, win a tournament and everyone (sans Elin) would have forgotten. But I guess paying the PR people is what you do now a days! lol

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I am going to guess that the timing had to do with a 90 day therapy program. He is halfway through it at 45 days. Gotta do public apologies, and then back to the therapy for 45 more days. He won't play the Masters, but he will play this year. Elin won't dump him. He'll curse less but not play as well. He will win 2 more Majors and fall short of Jack's record for Majors and we will forever debate who was better - Tiger or Jack. The end.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
so easy to condemn -especially without being well versed on addictions- I wonder how many here in a glass house ?

dont get me wrong I do NOT advocate this lifestyle beit addiction or volition....but remember too, because he IS a public celebrity he IS held to high scrunity. I'm glad it isn't anyone I care about.
I cannot imagine the wide ripples of devastation in that family today.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I WAS a fan of tiger till all this came out. I am no longer a fan of his. I don't believe he was sincere, I hope Elin takes his butt for everything he is worth and then some. I used to buy a lot of his stuff and it is all gone I sold it all and gave the rest away. he shouldn't keep bringing it up. If he just would stop doing interviews and speeches eventually it would blow away like the rest of the smut does, But yet he continues to do speeches and say "Oh I Am So Sorry For My Actions" And Jack will always be better.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Why is he apolgizing to all of us?

I do not feel betrayed. Do you?

Personally I am already tired of hearing the analysis, the speculation and the sound bites.

I really could care less.

The world had bigger issues than this one mans dumb actions

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
He did what he did and It's up to Elin tor forgive or not.It's not up to me to judge him.
No matter who the celebrity is, if they don't go public with an apology, the papparazzi and print media will hound the family to death.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.