Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
It's time to re-insure the 42, AKA Mom's summer home, and look for a new marina for next year. I am more concerned about the insurance at the moment. What insurance company do you have and are you happy with them at claim time and was your premium reasonable? Do they have an issue if you have a tender (dinghy)?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I use BoatUS. Premiums reasonable but have never filed a claim. Seemed like a lot of flexibility when setting up the policy. Discounts for boating course and years boating. Has worked well but the money has only gone one way.....me to them. Have used them for over 10 years. FWIW.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
It looks like Fritsch Kinney has the best coverage as well as the best price. Markel is a close second. The Insurance Shop would insure the boat for some more. Progressive, Boat US, AAA, State Farm, and StPaul Marine all said the boat was too old and worth too much for them to insure. They won't insure a boat over 20 years old for more than 40K. I'm gonna try World Wide Marine on Hossack's suggestion and then probably go with Fritsch Kinney. Thank you everybody for your suggestions.

I did Tell Fritsch Kinney that they were recommended by Jager Dave on LSCN.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Sep 25 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I did Tell Fritsch Kinney that they were recommended by Jager Dave on LSCN.

Wow - surprised they are cheaper than the Insurance Shop. I think they require a survey though.(not that its a problem for you!!)

I'll check them out in the spring as they are only about 100ft from my office.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I use Allstate. Been with the same agent for over 35 years. He's honest and at claim time he makes it a breeze to get through the process. I think my premium is a fair price. I have checked his prices. Plus multi policies helps. Just reroofed my house after damage and the claim check came fast!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I use Global Marine they are a broker. Changed me from Markel to ACE this year to save me a hundy, lower deductible and better coverage that includes the dingy. Have not made any claims so I can't comment on that.

Global Marine Insurance Agency
12935 S. West Bayshore Dr.
Traverse City, MI 49684
(800) 748-0224

1 - 16 of 16 Posts