Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details!!! It was a beautiful day for the opening of the Tin Fish Tiki Bar.

My neighbors Rob, Bob and Melina took there dingy there...how did that go????

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It was cold, and hardly anyone there...(ahem) where were you, Dawn?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What! Not alot of peeps showed up? Unbelieveable! I am sure it was a great time!

I will be there Saturday for sure!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ May 20 2004, 09:20 AM)
What! Not alot of peeps showed up? Unbelieveable! I am sure it was a great time!

I will be there Saturday for sure!
Was moving kinda slow all the next day after the party at jacks . wound up being one of the last to leave along with samson.. Thanks samson owe you a few beers next time,, Man i hate it when they cut me of,even if it is for my own good..

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Girlie and I showed up around 9:00, and were gone by 10:00. It had cooled off quite a bit by then, so it was pretty tame. It was cool seeing the handful of peeps that we did see though!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
We went on Bob's 14' inflatable hard bottom center console, the moment we got out in front of Strawberry Island a log tore a 4 foot slice in the left tube and almost collapsed the entire side. Luckily they boat was built with chambers of air in different sections which kept us a float. We got back into port to late to make it up there by car.

Needless to say Bob was pretty bummed.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 20 2004, 10:22 AM)We went on Bob's 14' inflatable hard bottom center console, the moment we got out in front of Strawberry Island a log tore a 4 foot slice in the left tube and almost collapsed the entire side. Luckily they boat was built with chambers of air in different sections which kept us a float. We got back into port to late to make it up there by car.

Adventerous!

What time did you leave Tin Fish?

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
We never made it. We had to turn around and go back.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG! Rob, I am so glad you guys made it back okay!!! I would be so
if anything happened to you peeps!!!!

I bet Bob is bummed, I feel bad!

Well, we will double our fun on Saturday Rob, at the Tin Fish, you can count on that my friend!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
It sucked, thought the boat was going to sink. We all had to sit on the right side to keep the water from coming in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 20 2004, 10:58 AM)It sucked, thought the boat was going to sink. We all had to sit on the right side to keep the water from coming in.
Super scary! How did you keep from crappin your pants?

Tin Fish was fun - but there were just a handful of us. I left round 10ish and froze my @ss off on the bike ride home! Remind me to only ride when it's over 70 degrees! BRRRRR!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(Pamm-ee @ May 20 2004, 11:38 AM)QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 20 2004, 10:58 AM) It sucked, thought the boat was going to sink. We all had to sit on the right side to keep the water from coming in.
Super scary! How did you keep from crappin your pants?

Tin Fish was fun - but there were just a handful of us. I left round 10ish and froze my @ss off on the bike ride home! Remind me to only ride when it's over 70 degrees! BRRRRR!
We realized the boat was made to float in that situation. So we sat back and coasted to port with cocktail in hand.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(lurker69 @ May 20 2004, 10:56 AM)Hey DD it SUCKED.............just kidding, was not there.

I'm surprised you didn't ride your new boat out to the Tin Fish...getting any use of out of it yet?

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ May 20 2004, 01:12 PM)I'm surprised you didn't ride your new boat out to the Tin Fish...getting any use of out of it yet?
Did Cap't Rob get his new Donzi????

XO

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 20 2004, 11:22 AM)We went on Bob's 14' inflatable hard bottom center console, the moment we got out in front of Strawberry Island a log tore a 4 foot slice in the left tube and almost collapsed the entire side. Luckily they boat was built with chambers of air in different sections which kept us a float. We got back into port to late to make it up there by car.

We now know it's Rob that is the bad luck on the boat. First it's the chatham trip and now this. What's next Rob?
Just kidding bud!!!

Glad everyone was all right.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(XO @ May 20 2004, 01:53 PM)QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ May 20 2004, 01:12 PM)
I'm surprised you didn't ride your new boat out to the Tin Fish...getting any use of out of it yet?
Did Cap't Rob get his new Donzi????

XO
I wish, she was quoting lurker69.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ May 20 2004, 02:03 PM)QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 20 2004, 11:22 AM) We went on Bob's 14' inflatable hard bottom center console, the moment we got out in front of Strawberry Island a log tore a 4 foot slice in the left tube and almost collapsed the entire side. Luckily they boat was built with chambers of air in different sections which kept us a float. We got back into port to late to make it up there by car.

We now know it's Rob that is the bad luck on the boat. First it's the Chatham trip and now this. What's next Rob? :Lil:
Just kidding bud!!!

Glad everyone was all right.
I think this was more of Bob's bad luck.

Chatam is just over the horizon my friend.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 20 2004, 04:19 PM)Chatam is just over the horizon my friend.
count me in....I cleared the river last time

1 - 20 of 22 Posts