Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbors cats brought a baby bunny to my back yard. it doesn't appear to be injured. It's eyes are alert but it is either scared, shocked or too young to move much. It's body temp was cool last night but i slept with it to keep it warm and the temp is back up.

I had to pick it up or the cats would have eaten or killed it.

I'm SURE it's hungry, i don't have a lot of expierence with rabbits. Can anyone give me some advice on where to take it or what to give it soon. I have to work in 45 minutes and was hoping for some quick feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Pet stores should have formula & bottles for feeding it. They may be able to tell you what else to do , if you take the bunny in. Try calling one. Are you going to be able to take it to work with you? they have to be fed every 3 hours round the clock.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Jul 19 2003, 09:23 AM)It's body temp was cool last night but i slept with it to keep it warm and the temp is back up.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Jul 19 2003, 08:27 AM)Pet stores should have formula & bottles for feeding it. They may be able to tell you what else to do , if you take the bunny in. Try calling one. Are you going to be able to take it to work with you? they have to be fed every 3 hours round the clock.
Thanks i needed to know how often, i think this little one is hungry......

I just got off the phone with the Michigan Humane Society Wildlife. I talked to Douglas, he said it still has a chance and their rescue will take the bunny in. I have to bring it to work with me though and keep it warm.

I'm going to try and find some formula for it on my way to work.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked out the site, good info thanks. I'm going to Parkway to get syringes and maybe some food. if not Petco has the food too.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(CornShooter @ Jul 19 2003, 09:14 AM)Grow him big and fat so we can grill him later

All right Corny Diarrhea...that's a good plan <_<

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont get mad at people for hunting...i do not hunt, thats just my choice. When i see an animal that needs help, i do what i can.

This baby bunny was so young. i was planning on taking it out to Roch Hills HS but the poor thing started to crash in the car. It was very scared & in shock. Michigan Anti-Cruelty Society was at the Petco and they stepped in and took it to their vet. i dont know if it made it or not yet. i will call on Monday.

Thanks for all the help peeps.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(CornShooter @ Jul 19 2003, 10:14 AM)Grow him big and fat so we can grill him later

Hey, you're really CornJulio, aren't you???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts