Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh man, for me, last year's tip up town was an unexpected drunken debacle!! (i was supposed to be a 'pucker' girl, and ended up getting so loaded during the day that kourie did it by herself...lol!) i'm kind of excited for this year, but didn't know what anyone else was doing/had planned/is staying.

anyone make resos already? i'm about to go online and look for a house to rent near the main site (and the limberlost, of course!
)

thoughts? ideas?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have a room reserved and a couple of sleds to take up.
I had a few people lined up to go but most backed out saying there will be no ice or snow.
I will most likely go up, alone or with someone, it don't matter to me....

NoCode

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no sh*it? no ice? no snow? figures with the weather... so now what will they do up there? wierd michigan weather.

is your room at a hotel?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Dec 30 2003, 02:07 PM)no sh*it? no ice? no snow? figures with the weather... so now what will they do up there? wierd michigan weather.

is your room at a hotel?
yes, hotel room just out of town.
They will still have the festival and carnival there will just be a lot less ice fishing and snowmoibling....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sucks. what about the beer tent? would they move it somewhere else? of course, that would mean the bars will be packed early.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
A group of us are going up to Boyne Jan 23-25, I was planning on stopping for a few on the way up and back. I'll give ya' a buzz, if your not TOO buzzed!

When will YOU be there?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Dec 30 2003, 01:15 PM)that sucks. what about the beer tent? would they move it somewhere else? of course, that would mean the bars will be packed early.
When I first started going about 12 or more years ago the tent was on the ice. Due to unpredictable ice conditions the tent has been on land near the shore for 8 or more years now. I'm sure that it will be in the same place.

I would love to go and see some of my local TUT buds. It's been a few years. However I am really gonna try and behave in Jan. Save some cash, let my liver heal and get some more work done around the house so I can play guilt free all next summer.

Those of you that are going, take lots of pictures. Maybe you'll capture some of my old friends.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
ck, dana and myself will be going both weekends.
as of now there is ice on the lake but like last year
there are some open spots

but only if your on a sled do you need to worry about that!
this show goes on whatever the conditions, the tent will be in the same spot as last year. i know of one cabin open for the last weekend right near the site.
we go up early friday afternoon both weekends so let
us know what your plans are

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode @ Dec 30 2003, 02:21 PM)I am doing tip up town the first weekend. (16, 17 & 18)

Fou & Fermented mentioned the Boyne trip at P29's party.
I am interested in going with you guys. Have plans been finallized yet??

NoCode
the first weekend for me. work calls there on after. so far, danimal, his bro, kimmy, fun bags & her beau (IF they show... lol!) are going. am looking for places to stay now...
we go up early, too. probably get up there after work thursday (2am) or very early friday morning.

wahoooooooooooo! i want to go now!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We used to go almost every year, but I'm not sure about this year..but we always went on the 2nd weekend. My parents had a house on the River, but they sold it last year...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oooohhhhhhhhhhh, b!!!!!!!! i hope so!

i checked out a couple other places, too, so i'll wait til friday and go from there!
you rock!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got an email from the houghton lake COC, all is well, there is ice, and TUT is going on as planned!

btenn, can ya call me back about that place? if we can't have that, we gotta get something else immediate-like.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
I would like to plan a trip at my place.....
kinda like I did last year.....
We NEED Snow!
TUT is not that much fun without it.
I did see people ice fishing 12-29-03.
I sleep 20 max....

We need snow!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Jan 3 2004, 02:27 PM)I would like to plan a trip at my place.....
We NEED Snow!
I sleep 20 max....

We need snow!
I would like to head up with your group if you don't mind.

I can cancel my room.....I have to find the paperwork, I can't even remember where it's at. I made the reservation last Aug.

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we've got reservations as of now at shea's, which is moments from the site and limberlost. btenn's at american oaks.

taxman, where's your place again?

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode @ Jan 3 2004, 04:02 PM)QUOTE(Taxman @ Jan 3 2004, 02:27 PM) I would like to plan a trip at my place.....
We NEED Snow!
I sleep 20 max....

We need snow!
I would like to head up with your group if you don't mind.

I can cancel my room.....I have to find the paperwork, I can't even remember where it's at. I made the reservation last Aug.

Thanks,
Gregg
Gregg.....I would love to plan the trip.....but without snow....I'd rather wait a week or two.....
TUT= Frozen mud, cops everywhere, long lines....
the beer tent closes at 4:00 pm then it's to the smoky bar.
wha~hoo

1 - 20 of 35 Posts