Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pinemartin, myself, and, as I just read, CK will be in Houghton Lake Jan 17-19 and 24-26 for TUT. Anyone else going??

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cell phones...last year we did Limberlost Fri, beer tent Saturday day, napped and bar hopped, ending at Marv and Di's Pressure Crack, which played cheesy dance music and was a ball!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
I'm working on the details......
Depending on snow.....looking at the 16 to 19th.
I would not want to be called prejudice so YIPPIE
I'm going to celebrate Martin Luther King Day in the pure white snow.......if there is snow <_<

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
yup yup! i just got off the phone with kimmy, and i think we're going to bring our furs so we can pretend we're rock stars! lol!

we'll be staying at shea's in cabin 5. feel free to program my cell into your phone to get me up there: 586-419-2500.

we're leaving friday around 10am (me, dan, his bro,kimmy) and will hang out at the cabin all day and hit the limberlost around 7 or so. funbags and a girlfriend will be up shortly thereafter. saturday beer tent, then limberlost about 4pm. sunday, kicking back, snowmobiling, and relaxing before hitting probably the limberlost again.

can't wait: leggins, turtlenecks and sweaters... and big, warm, comfy socks!!!!! oh, and lots of BEER!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've been going for five years in a row now. Still working on the agenda, hopefully going to first w/e.

*btenn, homebrew: guys got a cabin again this year? That was a great party last year after the beer tent and my girlfriend puked in the sink (blah)

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 6 2004, 04:16 PM)yup yup! i just got off the phone with kimmy, and i think we're going to bring our furs so we can pretend we're rock stars! lol!

we'll be staying at shea's in cabin 5. feel free to program my cell into your phone to get me up there: 586-419-2500.

we're leaving friday around 10am (me, dan, his bro,kimmy) and will hang out at the cabin all day and hit the limberlost around 7 or so. funbags and a girlfriend will be up shortly thereafter. saturday beer tent, then limberlost about 4pm. sunday, kicking back, snowmobiling, and relaxing before hitting probably the limberlost again.

can't wait: leggins, turtlenecks and sweaters... and big, warm, comfy socks!!!!! oh, and lots of BEER!!!!!

Shea's as in Shea's Lodge on Houghton Lake? Jeff and I pit stopped there on our honeymoon.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Not sure what`s going on yet.Left the guy a 100.00 deposite last year for the same cabin and he said he had to use it to clean some red stuff off the carpet
I think he`s just trying to screw us out of the 100.00 any how got to call him back later tonight and he`s going to let me know if he can hook me up.I`ll et ya know if there`s going to be a party after the beer tent.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
If I go I will be needing a place to stay!

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jan 6 2004, 05:43 PM)Shea's as in Shea's Lodge on Houghton Lake? Jeff and I pit stopped there on our honeymoon.
yes. the price is right and it's close to the festivities. kinda geeked to spread the fun over 4 days. hope the money holds out! i know the beer, jack and bacardi will!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Just what is Tip-up-Town?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 7 2004, 07:17 AM)Just what is Tip-up-Town?

It's a party on ice!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I think I am going...after all...I just bought the new sled, however I don't think I will be riding it to much with all the drunks being out and about. I am trying to get Manana II to go as well. My friend has a cottage right down from the Pressure Crack bar so we will be very close to all of the action. I will keep checking this post as the date gets closer for the meeting up plan with everyone.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jan 7 2004, 08:09 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 7 2004, 07:17 AM) Just what is Tip-up-Town?

It's a party on ice!

That doesn't tell me much.

Does that mean the bus is going?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
snowbi, dude... it is SOO much fun! the first year i went, it was 4 girls and we got to stay at one of the girl's parents cabin on the east side of the lake. oh my GOD was it a blast. i've been going ever since. her family sold the cabin 4 years ago, so we've been renting ever since. it's a real trick to get close to the TUT site so you don't have to drink and drive.

they set up a beer tent on the ice close to shore, have snowmobile races, fishing contests, polar bear dip, beer tent, and all the bars are hap-pen-NING! it is a BLAST!

EVERYONE wears warm clothes (excpet for kimmy, last year. i'm all bundled up in layers and leggins, turtlenecks and ski coat and white dots, and she comes out in colored cords, a peac coat and dress boots with heels.. we were all looking at her like
!!! it's a great time and everyone is super friendly!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Just spoke with my friend and it's ago for me as well (Manana II, are you in girlie???)

Still dunno which weekend, though!

I don't think I've fully experienced Tip-Up yet... last year we got there a couple hours bf the tent closed and then tromped over to the taxman cabin...

Good times, for sure!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 7 2004, 09:53 AM)they set up a beer tent on the ice close to shore, have snowmobile races, fishing contests, polar bear dip, beer tent, and all the bars are hap-pen-NING! it is a BLAST!
It must be some beer tent to merit TWO mentions.

4 girls in a cabin together, huh?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts