Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you tip for what services:

A percentage of amount spent or how do you determine?

Gas Dock-
Fuel:
Fuel w/pump out:

Docking or Dock hand in general (i.e. Jacks, PIB):

Salon-
Hair:
Nails:
Massage:

Pizza Delivery:

What others services do you tip for?

*just curious ?!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts

Gas Dock- No certain percentage...just a few bucks
Fuel:
Fuel w/pump out: same as ab

Docking or Dock hand in general (i.e. Jacks, PIB): couple of bucks...

Salon- 15%-20%
Hair:
Nails:
Massage:

Pizza Delivery: few bucks

Dinner: 20% if good....obviously less with poor service
Cocktails: usually give a buck for couple of drinks of course if it's a round 15%

·
Registered
380 Posts
I tip for everything.... Thats probably one of the reasons I have no money. Oh wait, I own a Sea Doo... that helps too.

Carry out food
Gas dock
Drying my car at a car wash
Valet
Coat Check
Hair Cut

None of those items really have a set %..... give them what you feel is deserved. Just remember, even if you only give them $1, its one more dollar that they didn't have.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Good POST!! I've often wondered if I was too cheap?
I usually like to tip big at dinner or bars, but never knew how much for boating......

Gas Dock-
Fuel: $10-15
Fuel w/pump out: No pump out. Porta-potti:angry:

Docking or Dock hand in general (i.e. Jacks, PIB): Resturaunt or bars $5 comming in & $5 when I leave. Learned that quite often it's a different attendant working. Gave $10 to the first person a few times, then had to do the same when leaving. Doh.

I give the guys at Bell Maer $20 every few times. Maybe once a week since I rarely go out more than twice a week.

Am I cheap?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Gas Dock- usually 3.00 like to pump it my self.

pump out: 3.00 10 gallon holding tank

Docking or Dock hand in general (i.e. Jacks, PIB): couple if they helped me dock and tie up .

Salon-
Hair cut - 5.00 to 7.00 if they did nice job, and were polite

Nails:
Massage:

Pizza Delivery 3.00 if there on time

What others services do you tip for? lawn care ,
just depends on persons additude if there pleseant and friendly more, if crabby and lazy, less.

·
Registered
625 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Aug 26 2003, 02:21 PM)What do you tip for what services:

Gas Dock-
Fuel:
Fuel w/pump out: I trailer, so no gas on water, but ususally $5 for $50 in gas/$10 for $100 if I do get it on the water, but it's been a few years since my last on water fueling.

Docking or Dock hand in general (i.e. Jacks, PIB): Theres always someone on top of that on my boat, and by the time those guys show up, were done, by design ofcourse.

Salon-
Hair: $10 haircut-$10 tip, cuz $10 is way too cheap for a haircut

Nails: Sorry, I'm still not Gay
Massage: Never got one

Pizza Delivery: $13 and change for pizza, heres a $20

What others services do you tip for? I tip alot at restaraunts, if the service sucks they get 20% and told thier service could have been better, make me happy, and I'll tip really good, they work hard for thier money, and my mom has waitressed her whole life, I know how happy they get from serving a $12 breakfast, and being left a $20. If I Get breakfast from my mom, she calls me and yells at me for leaving too much oops

People that dont leave tips, DONT EAT ANYWHERE BUT FAST FOOD RESTARAUNTS, YOU SUCK, AND ARE TOO CHEAP FOR SIT DOWN PLACES THAT THE FOOD IS SERVED. GO ENJOY A VALUE MEAL.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
lmao!!!

"DONT EAT ANYWHERE BUT FAST FOOD RESTARAUNTS, YOU SUCK, AND ARE TOO CHEAP FOR SIT DOWN PLACES THAT THE FOOD IS SERVED. GO ENJOY A VALUE MEAL. "

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts

Gas Dock-
Fuel: A couple bucks

Salon-
Hair: 20%
Nails: 20%

Pizza Delivery: nothing if there is a delivery charge, maybe a couple bucks if i'm in the mood.

Restaurants: 20 - 25% all the time unless our server is a totally rude.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
tip more when its a girl at gas dock wearing nice bikini
one that used to work at deckers used to get good ones from me and usually a few shots f what ever i happend to be drinking that day.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Drinks and dinner 25% or so. Gas docks, $5 or $10 is they help tie up and pump, etc. If I have my crew tie my boat up and have to pump and shut the pump off myself ... nothing to the attendant that didn't do anything. Same at Jack's or elsewhere on the water.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
good topic!

Gas Dock-
Fuel: NA
Fuel w/pump out: NA

Docking or Dock hand in general (i.e. Jacks, PIB):

Salon-
Hair: 20%. I'm going to someone new who works out of their house, so I guess a tip isn't necessary.

Nails: $3 - $5
Massage: NA

Pizza Delivery: $3

Restaurant: Usually 20%

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
excellent topic. i'm a pretty good tipper, so these may seem high to ya'll.

one thing: keep in mind that if something is complimentary, you do still need to tip. for example, the bartender buys you a beer. leave at least $2...you didn't have to pay for it, and he'll remember. if a bartender gives you a round free and it would have cost you say $20, be sure to leave at LEAST a $5, $10 if you're generous. you're still getting a bargain, and you'll make that person VERY happy AND they'll remember you! plus you'll look cool in front of your pals!

lunch tabs--%25
dinner tabs--%30
bar tabs--if it's at Jack's, I usually tip stupid, like %50-%70 cause of my drink discount and the poor girl is usually at my beck and call. if it's not at Jack's and I'm paying, %20-30.
pizza--30%
nails--30%
hair--35%
massage --30%
gas-- 20%
bellhops--15%
taxi --20%

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I like this topic....

Does everyone know that if you use a coupon at a restaurant you are supposed to tip on the total amount before the coupon was taken off?

I waitressed / bartended my way through college and you wouldn't believe the cheap-o's that are out there.

I tip 25-50% for just about everything.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 26 2003, 04:00 PM)I like this topic....

Does everyone know that if you use a coupon at a restaurant you are supposed to tip on the total amount before the coupon was taken off?

I waitressed / bartended my way through college and you wouldn't believe the cheap-o's that are out there.

I tip 25-50% for just about everything.
Good Point! I waitressed for over 4 years in the past, and alot of people don't realized this.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Tipping should be based on something, right?

I tip $5 on a pumpout, above whatever the charge is and cash in the attendant's hand.

I generally tip waitstaff 20% but if my wife and I split a meal or we use a discount coupon, I calc that 20% based on what we would have paid. If we talk and hold up the table, I will add to the tip, realizing I'm holding up the table (in this case, the waitstaff makes out OK but the poor restaurant owner doesn't make any more money, but hey - I can only eat so much!). For that tip, I expect pleasant service - the fastest way for a waitress to kill her tip is to tell me I can't have a separate check (unless it's a policy of the restaurant - then I just don't go back to that joint).

I don't use valet parking unless there's no alternative, when I slip them a couple bucks. I tip a buck for my haircut but that's just because I go to a pretty cheap place and that cut is worth the ten bucks I give him instead of the nine that's the official price.

I don't tip a business owner who should have all his compensation built in his price (my barber is an example of such a business owner but an exception, too, as I just explained).

G

·
QUOTE(Advantage_Rob @ Aug 26 2003, 01:41 PM)Salon-
Hair: $10 haircut-$10 tip, cuz $10 is way too cheap for a haircut

Nails: Sorry, I'm still not Gay
Massage: Never got one

are you sure?
i heard rumors

i also tip my local prostitute.
a $25 beejerr i usually give a $1.19 so she can buy a 16 oz pop at the party store after to help wash it down.

i look out for peeps

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I am a good tipper too! For 12 years I drove the beer cart and relied on tips to pay my bills. Thanks to generous tippers like JIMCAT I lived very comfortably relying on tips only - I was a damn good beer girl, though!

Lately, I've been tipping the guys at the quick oil change places too...especially if they are really good.

The guys at the car wash - yeah I'll tip them too. Except for the d!cks that work at the car wash between 13 & Masonic - they are MEAN <_<

1 - 20 of 20 Posts