Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOME OF YOU GUYS WERE ASKING FOR A STEELHEAD REPORT! WELL I JUST GOT BACK, FISHED FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. I WAS 3 FOR 14 W/ 2 MALES AND 1 FEMALE ALL BETWEEN 10-12 LBS. THE MAGIC BAIT SEEM TO BE 1/32-1/16 OZ. LIL NIPPERS WHITE W/ WHITE FEATHERS TIPPED W/ WAX WORMS. I WAS FLOATING THEM UNDER A BOBBER W/ APPOX. 6 FEET LEADER LINE. MY LEADER LINE WAS SEAGUR FLUORACARBON 6# TEST. I KNOW THAT 3 FOR 14 DOESNT SOUND VERY GOOD SO I WILL MAKE A FEW EXCUSES. SOME OF MY LIL NIPPERS WERE OLD AND RUSTY AND I HAD FIVE OF THEM BREAK. SO OFF TO BASS PRO TO GET SOME NEW ONES. A LESSON LEARNED HERE BE SURE TO CHECK YOU TACKLE BEFORE STALKING YOUR PREY. BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS 3-14 EQUALS .250 AND THAT IS ABOVE THE MENDOSA LINE. LOL PROBABLY COULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO .500 IF I WOULD OF INSPECTED MY TACKLE. ITS KIND OF IRONIC BECVAUSE I HAD 2 DIFERENT KINDS OF NIPPERS. ONES WITH GOLD HOOKS AND ONES WITH BRONZE HOOKS NEVER BROKE A GOLD HOOK, BUT THE BRONZE ONES BROKE WITH MININIMAL DRAG SETTING. I KNOW MOST OF YOU ARE THINKING WHAT THE HELL IS HE USING CRAPPIE AND BLUEGILL JIGS FOR. MY ANSWER ,I WAS HOOKING TWICE AS MANY FISH AS ANYONE ELSE. SO I GAVE THEM WHAT THEY WANTED. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.