Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOME OF YOU GUYS WERE ASKING FOR A STEELHEAD REPORT! WELL I JUST GOT BACK, FISHED FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. I WAS 3 FOR 14 W/ 2 MALES AND 1 FEMALE ALL BETWEEN 10-12 LBS. THE MAGIC BAIT SEEM TO BE 1/32-1/16 OZ. LIL NIPPERS WHITE W/ WHITE FEATHERS TIPPED W/ WAX WORMS. I WAS FLOATING THEM UNDER A BOBBER W/ APPOX. 6 FEET LEADER LINE. MY LEADER LINE WAS SEAGUR FLUORACARBON 6# TEST. I KNOW THAT 3 FOR 14 DOESNT SOUND VERY GOOD SO I WILL MAKE A FEW EXCUSES. SOME OF MY LIL NIPPERS WERE OLD AND RUSTY AND I HAD FIVE OF THEM BREAK. SO OFF TO BASS PRO TO GET SOME NEW ONES. A LESSON LEARNED HERE BE SURE TO CHECK YOU TACKLE BEFORE STALKING YOUR PREY. BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS 3-14 EQUALS .250 AND THAT IS ABOVE THE MENDOSA LINE. LOL PROBABLY COULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO .500 IF I WOULD OF INSPECTED MY TACKLE. ITS KIND OF IRONIC BECVAUSE I HAD 2 DIFERENT KINDS OF NIPPERS. ONES WITH GOLD HOOKS AND ONES WITH BRONZE HOOKS NEVER BROKE A GOLD HOOK, BUT THE BRONZE ONES BROKE WITH MININIMAL DRAG SETTING. I KNOW MOST OF YOU ARE THINKING WHAT THE HELL IS HE USING CRAPPIE AND BLUEGILL JIGS FOR. MY ANSWER ,I WAS HOOKING TWICE AS MANY FISH AS ANYONE ELSE. SO I GAVE THEM WHAT THEY WANTED. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks for the report! Was hoping to get up there this coming weekend, but I think it will have to wait another week.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey, thanks for the update. I think 3 for 14 is good, knowing a little bit about Tippy from my experience it's not the easiest place to fish. It doesn't matter what you were using to catch them as long as you were catching them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts