Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the snow cover is looking like just south of Traverse?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
boatnfish, I think if you squint real close, there's a white dot right where you want to go...

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Are you heading up to Tippy Dam?

I was there last weekend. I caught my limit of steelies but none were big My biggest fish was around 8.5 lbs. My other fish were in the 7's.

The snow cover last weekend was about a foot in that area but it was melting slowly.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(djkimmel @ Mar 26 2004, 11:32 PM)boatnfish, I think if you squint real close, there's a white dot right where you want to go...
I believe it. Trying to decide when to go up, but want ALL the snow gone.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Traveled M-115 from Cadillac to Frankfort this weekend. Was up doing some scouting around Copemish.
Some areas between Cadillac and Mesick still had alot of snow, but it's melting fast. Lakes Cadillac and Mitchell are still completely froze over (no safe ice), again, going fast. There was a constant fog over the lakes both Saturday and Sunday from the temperature change. Saw quite a few people fishing the Betsie.
With the rain and warm temperatures predicted for the coming week, the snow should be gone by next weekend and the lakes should start to open up. Hope this is what you wanted to hear.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
FRL,

I'm heading up to Welston this up coming weekend. That's good to hear. Were you drifting spawn?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hey all,I`ve been going up to tippy for years.Feel free to call ANDYS BAIT & TACKEL . (located on the low side)You will pass the store on the right side after turning off High Bridge Rd. onto Coats Hwy.on the way to the launch.
The store has a totem pole in front.Tell him Rick from "down state" sent ya.
The store number is (231)477-5737 his name is Gordon.He`s a great guy and won`t try to sell ya everything in the store like PAPPY`S will.
I`ll be headding up soon myself it`s time for the country kitchen breakfast and get the thermos filled for a buck!!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I will be heading to the Mesick area, but realized that it can't be this weekend. by the time the 9 comes around I hope what remains is gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts