Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to bring this to your attention. With all of the rain and flooding that we have been having, our rivers and streams are flooded and bringing all of the debris out to the lake. This includes large tree branches, picnic tables and anything else you can think of that floats.
PLEASE be careful when your heading out on the lake and keep your eyes open for anything out there....
I just want all of you to have a safe boating experience..
:>)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That's too funny, I was just trying to explain that to a non-boater here at work......he don't get.....never will.......

·
Registered
612 Posts
I saw some very large stumps and tree branches floating down the river yesterday. Also there was a vessel assist tug boat towing what looked like half of a very large tree.
Makes you wonder where all this crap ends up. Does it go to shore or does it just stay out in the lake waiting to wreck your day.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
In all seriousness, if anyone happens to see a nice, wood picnic table floating around, please supply me with lat/long and place a marker on it. Our anniversary is coming up and wife said she would like one.

Okay, that being said, yes, it is VERY important to keep a watch out for anything that might not look right. And remember, for you boaters that are out there later at night, most stuff like this doesnt reflect light. So a "black hole" on the water will most likely cause a hole in your hull if you go through it. So avoid it.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Good point for sure. Lets all get together and sweep the lake!
Don't need that crap!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
The Sunbums might finally be able to get their boats out of storage.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the river level at Metro Pkwy and Utica this morning!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 24 2004, 10:13 AM)The Sunbums might finally be able to get their boats out of storage.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the river level at Metro Pkwy and Utica this morning!

I saw that too! Wow, if it keeps raining it will overflow for sure!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
it'll still probably overflow in a few days anyways because of the water table flowing "downwards"

when I worked at Sycamore Hills Golf Course we'd always flood out a few days after the fact for that reason - shoot I bet they can't even get on North Avenue because of all of the flooding

I was a little scared yesterday when the tornado sirens went off - lots of tree limbs down over here in my hood

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(dno @ May 24 2004, 08:55 AM)Does it go to shore or does it just stay out in the lake waiting to wreck your day.
a little of both.......

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 24 2004, 11:29 AM)when I worked at Sycamore Hills Golf Course we'd always flood out a few days after the fact for that reason - shoot I bet they can't even get on North Avenue because of all of the flooding
There's quite a few chunks of North Avenue closed, and I'm sure that's one of them.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
PLENTY of debris floating out of the Clinton River Mouth. I was there Saturday during the fog/impending storms and noticed at least 12 in the hour I was there. Some BIG, all just under the surface. Keep a sharp eye out!

Mini

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 24 2004, 11:29 AM)it'll still probably overflow in a few days anyways because of the water table flowing "downwards"

when I worked at Sycamore Hills Golf Course we'd always flood out a few days after the fact for that reason - shoot I bet they can't even get on North Avenue because of all of the flooding

I was a little scared yesterday when the tornado sirens went off - lots of tree limbs down over here in my hood
Yeah Sycamore Hills is under water big time!!!

we were suppose to have the chamber of commerce golf outing there today but had to call it off

that whole area is flooded bad

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Quote from Macomb Daily:

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel, whose home was without power Sunday, said workers pulled large logs out of Lake St. Clair that flowed in from the spillway. He said the lake likely will receive a large amount of debris because of the storms.

MD source article

·
12,052 Posts
When I returned to Beacon Cove yesterday there was at least a hundred pieces of wood floating out front from the spillway. I got off plane way out and idled in. 3crabs said there was the same going up the salt river.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ May 24 2004, 10:28 AM)In all seriousness, if anyone happens to see a nice, wood picnic table floating around, please supply me with lat/long and place a marker on it. Our anniversary is coming up and wife said she would like one.

too funny!

water levels up! yeah for the sunbums! my fingers are still crossed!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
they had footage on channel 7 of guys Jet Skiing on the golf course at 21 and North Ave. only 2 miles from my house. Hahaha.

A few more days of rain and maybe I'll have waterfront property.

Seriously though. it would suck to be in that mess...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts