Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no one and nothing special! But I do have one philosophy which I try and put into effect daily. When I wake up I think about what I have on my plate and plan at least one activity which is an absolute must, to improve my position, selfishly promote myself or increase my knowledge base. I work on that activity in a work environment for at least one uninterrupted hour or until complete and then "advertise" it's completion and benefits to my company in some public forum. Not in a brown nosing fashion but in a such a way to present to the company a true win-win accomplishment. I base it on a Kaizen philosophy of continous daily improvement. There are things all around which we bitch and complain about in our environments but not that many people who view these obstacles as opportunities to be grasped and used to set yourself apart from the crowd as "a problem solver" and innovator. It can be the difference between being viewed as expendable and indispensable.

This philosophy also carries over into my private life in that I try and do at least one thing really well which interests me or improves my knowledge base for "at least" that one hour. This time is mine and while I might share it with someone I use it for my own self-improvement. This can range from anything from reading a good book or going to the museum or concentrating on studying languages or working out. The point is however that I am cognizantly aware at the time I am doing it of what benefit this time has for me and I treat that time as sacrosanct. Not trying to act like I know it all just passing on a little snippet which has helped me to find time to focus on the most important things which help me the most.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts

good advice trav-man. Guilty of not doing that!!

Been focusing on living in the moment and enjoying the good, bad, wonderful, ugly and unknown about life!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
..."sacrosanct."

GOOD WORD!! Haven't heard that one in a while and that will be my little self improvement du jour - to add that to my vocabulary.

Yes - I am a dork!

Nice thoughts Traveler, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 15 2003, 10:28 AM)and that will be my little self improvement du jour
too cute!! You are in such high spirits today my friend!!

Life is good!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 15 2003, 09:32 AM)QUOTE(Shandog @ May 15 2003, 10:28 AM) and that will be my little self improvement du jour
too cute!! You are in such high spirits today my friend!!

Life is good!
yes well I'm feeling releived today...the huge pile of homework has been conquered.

Now if I could only conquer the huge pile of laundry..... lol!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 15 2003, 09:15 AM)

good advice trav-man. Guilty of not doing that!!

Been focusing on living in the moment and enjoying the good, bad, wonderful, ugly and unknown about life!
All that other stuff is good stuff, but that hour can be used as a lifeline to keep you grounded and focused.

Experienced quite a bit of that unknown myself just want to make sure that each minute was spent in a worthwhile style even if it was just wasting my time.

Feeling a little deep today.

By the way if your working towards your Masters and in School, like you and Shandoggie than you're already doing this without thinking about it. Just go into the classroom, or crack the books with the attitude that it's completely for your own betterment. Actually think that thought before you walk in and it brings a new meaning to the experience. I think that it focuses me and makes me happy to be there even on days I would give anything to be anywhere else.

BLAHBL:AHBLAHBLAH. But then again who the hell am I???

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Up with the sun, gone with the wind
She always said I wass lazy
Leavin' my home, leavin' my friends
Runnin' when things get too crazy
Out to the road, out 'neath the stars
Feelin' the breeze, passin' the cars

Women have come, women have gone
Everyone tryin' to cage me
Oh, someone so sweet, I nearly got free
Others they only rage me
Sometimes at night, I see their faces
I feel the traces they've left on my soul
Those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul

Travelin' man, love when I can
Turn in my hand 'cause I'm goin' on
Oh, travelin' man, love when I can
But sooner or later I'm goin' on, yea
Travelin man

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 15 2003, 11:43 AM)Sometimes at night, I see their faces
Unfortunately, I still see their faces, and feel the traces they've left on my wallet, cutting them a check to the tune of about $XXXX.XX per month, but that's another thread.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 15 2003, 01:05 PM)QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 15 2003, 11:43 AM)
Unfortunately, I still see their faces, and feel the traces they've left on my wallet, cutting them a check to the tune of about $XXXX.XX per month, but that's another thread.

Unfortunately, I still see his face, and don't feel a trace of income in my wallet, rarely receiving a check to the tune of absolute minimum per month, but that's another thread. ...

Should have divorced me traveler!...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 15 2003, 01:15 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ May 15 2003, 01:05 PM) QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 15 2003, 11:43 AM)

Unfortunately, I still see his face, and don't feel a trace of income in my wallet, rarely receiving a check to the tune of absolute minimum per month, but that's another thread. ...

Now who would want to do that?

LOL....

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 15 2003, 12:15 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ May 15 2003, 01:05 PM) QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 15 2003, 11:43 AM)

No problem I'm more than willing to be your next "favorite mistake". At least I could be a sexual disappointment to someone I actually like for a change!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 15 2003, 01:54 PM)No problem I'm more than willing to be your next "favorite mistake". At least I could be a sexual disappointment to someone I actually like for a change!!!
just jumping in here with an

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 15 2003, 01:00 PM)QUOTE(traveler @ May 15 2003, 01:54 PM) No problem I'm more than willing to be your next "favorite mistake". At least I could be a sexual disappointment to someone I actually like for a change!!!
just jumping in here with an

You too girly!!!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey now traveler... let me put it this way, ...next to impossible for anyone to be a disappointment after my ex! (eww...sorry ex)... you'll be alright...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Slowly licking my eyebrows!!!

P- you shocked?? don't believe it can happen.

C- Man that is just cold. Publicly outing an ex as inadequate. Ouch, the shrivel factor is already setting in!!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BTW Got a pic so we can all laugh at the deadbeat non-childsupport paying crappy lover, dirtbag when we see him on the street.
hehhehheh

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.