Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Went out for the morning with my brother Paul and his friend Alan. Dink da dink da dink dink dink....then a flag goes up on one of the tip-ups Alan grabs it and it's a big fish, gets it almost up to the hole and it breaks off...dammit. He re-ties that tip-up and re-sets it, 5 minutes later, I swear, 5 minutes later the same tip-up trips, we got em' this time. Ended up being a 26 1/2" Walleye, nice clean fish too. Sorry no pics, pics where taken with my brother's phone and I don't know if we can get them onto a computer, if we get that accomplished I'll post them. Good day and man was it beautiful out today.

Got the pics, here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(givemethe @ Feb 20 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>did it have the other hook in its mouth? that would be awesome

don't know yet, it may be in it's stomach, we know for sure that the walleye we landed swallowed the hook ALL THE WAY DOWN. the line broke just as the fish was pulled onto the ice and the hook wasn't visible. I told Alan to be careful of any unseen hooks when he checks it's stomach contents to see what else it's been eating(we always do this on most of our fish, helps to find out what they've been eating and the best bet for bait).

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 20 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where / what is stoney?

Hey b radici
Stoney creek Metro park is owned by the same people that run Metro Beach(Huron Clinton metro Authority) Its a big park at 26 mile rd. and Van **** area ( really about a mile and a half west of Van ****). It is 3 lakes seperated by two dams. The state record crappie was caught there a few years back. I had some good fishing memories from that park.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
QUOTE(the tank @ Feb 20 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 20 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where / what is stoney?

Hey b radici
Stoney creek Metro park is owned by the same people that run Metro Beach(Huron Clinton metro Authority) Its a big park at 26 mile rd. and Van **** area ( really about a mile and a half west of Van ****). It is 3 lakes seperated by two dams. The state record crappie was caught there a few years back. I had some good fishing memories from that park.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Feb 20 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out for the morning with my brother Paul and his friend Alan. Dink da dink da dink dink dink....then a flag goes up on one of the tip-ups Alan grabs it and it's a big fish, gets it almost up to the hole and it breaks off...dammit. He re-ties that tip-up and re-sets it, 5 minutes later, I swear, 5 minutes later the same tip-up trips, we got em' this time. Ended up being a 26 1/2" Walleye, nice clean fish too. Sorry no pics, pics where taken with my brother's phone and I don't know if we can get them onto a computer, if we get that accomplished I'll post them. Good day and man was it beautiful out today.

your phone might be able to email to comp thats what i do

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Feb 20 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out for the morning with my brother Paul and his friend Alan. Dink da dink da dink dink dink....then a flag goes up on one of the tip-ups Alan grabs it and it's a big fish, gets it almost up to the hole and it breaks off...dammit. He re-ties that tip-up and re-sets it, 5 minutes later, I swear, 5 minutes later the same tip-up trips, we got em' this time. Ended up being a 26 1/2" Walleye, nice clean fish too. Sorry no pics, pics where taken with my brother's phone and I don't know if we can get them onto a computer, if we get that accomplished I'll post them. Good day and man was it beautiful out today.

your phone might be able to email to comp thats what i do

·
Registered
696 Posts
I just got back from Stoney Creek. It was dink after dink after dink after dink. I marked fish all day but all small ones. I was in 14FOW using minnows. I won't go back there again ...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.