Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having issues since last year with the toilet not pumping smoothly. I replaced the toilet in the boat last year and it pumped a little better. I finally had enough of it after this past weekend and decided to tear out the hose from the toilet to the tank. It was hell getting it out so I just cut it up. Found it to be clogged with hair, paper, bottle cap, and just gunk that is in-describable. Quite smelly too.

The hose cost me $50 but man does it pump smooth now. It was quite the ordeal feeding the hose into place. SeaRay obviously installed it before they put the starboard fuel tank in place. So tight I had to cut the whole 2X bigger to run it through. So, well worth it though. My whole point in letting you all know is watch what you put down the toilet in the boats. It is a nasty job to repair. I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Thanks for doing this nasty job!

I always tell people to put the paper in the waste basket, but even I have slipped sometimes out of habit. The bottle cap has to be pretty old, we don't bring bottles on board.

I got there just in time yesterday to help feed the tube through and it was a total pain in the arse. I'm just glad it's going to work better!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".
Did someone use the "wrong" kind of paper in that head? I use the Scott's brand toilet paper for RV/Boats and have not had any issues.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".
Did someone use the "wrong" kind of paper in that head? I use the Scott's brand toilet paper for RV/Boats and have not had any issues.

Maybe before we owned the boat...

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".

Well yeah, thats what I meant.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".

So it was a question you really weren't expecting an answer to?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Don't forget about the NO FEMALE PRODUCTS IN THE HEAD RULE!

Had to have that talk with the wife and daughter AGAIN!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"do not put paper in toilet". [/b]
Or Tampons. Try fixing that. When you find it you start gagging and contemplating murder.
Another nasty fix.
I put a sign on my toilet lid that says "No tampons in head"

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Shitty job.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".

No, not exactly. I was looking for clarification on the type pf paper that caused the problem. Might have been regular TP or even a paper towel. I allow Boat/RV toilet paper to go down the head on our boat. Waiting to see if thats a bad idea. So far so good though.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Just 21 years of lord knows what being flushed through there, really don't want to think about it...lol
Regardless of the type of paper, I'd much rather use a waste basket, it's right in plain view so really no reason not to.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, not exactly. I was looking for clarification on the type pf paper that caused the problem. Might have been regular TP or even a paper towel. I allow Boat/RV toilet paper to go down the head on our boat. Waiting to see if thats a bad idea. So far so good though.

I've never had a problem with RV TP. We use Scott's single ply.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just 21 years of lord knows what being flushed through there, really don't want to think about it...lol
Regardless of the type of paper, I'd much rather use a waste basket, it's right in plain view so really no reason not to.
Other than it will be stinky.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 14 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be installing a sign in the head stating "do not put paper in toilet".

No, not exactly. I was looking for clarification on the type pf paper that caused the problem. Might have been regular TP or even a paper towel. I allow Boat/RV toilet paper to go down the head on our boat. Waiting to see if thats a bad idea. So far so good though.

Stodge,
My son and I lived aboard for 7 years and always used marine tolet paper, The only problems I ever had was when my son would flush qtips or something down the toilet. You will be fine.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 14 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Never had a problem with stinkyness from the garbage

I agree, but there's no pooping in my head.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts