LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
45 inches of the meanest fish going. Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Even when it's not what you're after, they seem to show-up at the most unlikely times.

Last weekend I took my son and his friend (two eight year olds) out for our first trip.
It was 7PM and we launched at Selfridge. After checking out the boat, I turned on the fish finder and started cruising around the bay. I started marking some good size fish just off the bottom in 10 FOW straight out from MacRays. After getting the boys set-up with bottom bouncers with beaded spinner snelled hooks and garden worms, I turned to start working on my pole. My son's friend yelled "I got something".
I turned around to see the light action rod bent in two and I figured it had to be a snag. He said he couldn't hold it anymore so I took the rod. It took ten minutes to work the fish towards the boat. It was clearly a muskie in the 30" - 35" range.
That mean old muskie didn't want any part of the net and shook his head, cutting the line just above the hook.
Now that's got to be one hungry muskie to bite on a small beaded spinner!! Needless to say the boys want to go fishing any chance they can.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Capt'n Paul welcome to the Saint Clair Network and thanks for that great story oh my, what a good experience for those boys. They will be fisherman for life now. Keep us posted with all your fishing stories and good luck on the lake.

h2o<--says way to go!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts