Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For her first time ever to deer hunt with me on Saturday, on my buddy's 40 in Ubly... unfortunately we saw no deer but she was awesome! She toughed it out (fortunately it wasn't cold), loved wearing her camo and orange, loved my LED cap light, didn't seem to care much about no deer - funny how the small things can mean so much! We took a walk after sitting in the blind for almost 3 hours (the Nintendo DSi and the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book helped a ton!), she thought the big rubs we saw on the big trees were very cool (as did her dad!), and learned what scrapes are - the best was hearing her tell my brother and sister-in-law on the phone that she LOVED IT and how we saw rubs made by a big buck and the scrapes, like she's been doing it for years! lol Oh, she spotted 3 in a field on the way home (that I didn't see), then she slept all the way home like a PRO! We also saw a big beautiful rooster pheasant right next to a stop sign poking his head out of the weeds to look at us, first one I've seen around in years - got a cool photo of him flushing. Can't wait to do that a hundred more times

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
great way to break her in. Next year she'll be ready to kill

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I love stories like that. Get all the time in you can now while you are still the "cool" guy, it might change as she ages.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Nov 23 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I love stories like that. Get all the time in you can now while you are still the "cool" guy, it might change as she ages.

Ah yes, one of my biggest fears! I keep making her promise it won't change - lol

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
That is a moment she will not forget. Great story

1 - 8 of 8 Posts