Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
well, what do we do to make us tops????????

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
I think We just joined yesterday. Not sure Capt Rob could answer better but i say give it a day or two.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Yeah, we joined yesterday at 7pm, and were 104 when I looked at that time. Last night we were down to 79, and now we're at 55 -- so it won't be long.

This is some more friendly competition between us and Nate, the admin at the Lake Norman site. It's not a matter of whether or not we'll eclipse his ranking, it's a matter of when!!

It's based on unique views to our home page. I don't think anything special needs to be done to help. We'll do fine!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
But at least you didn't offend anyone. <_< (stooges ???)

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Nov 21 2003, 12:57 AM)how the h*ll are we 59th and the Lake Norman stooges are 19, we more than doubled their traffic in the past couple days, i smell something fishy

http://www.hitsunlimited.com/fish/100topbo...ats/100top.html
Ouch Again!

The Top 100 takes an average over 5 Days. It is really wierd how it tracks unique visitors. You will most likely come out of the gate fast - I checked you have already had 163 visitors compared to our 79 today. Also, it says that Unique is based on 5 days of counting... so if the same person comes back 5 times over 5 days that still only counts as one unique visitor TOTAL over the 5 days. Does that make any sense?

My experience when I had stats software on my server was that I would have 3-4 times the number of visitors that the counter for the Top 100 would show.

The "day" clock resets at 5 or 6 pm.

"Peeps" is now a bad word on my forum

Oh yeah... Goose - I love your Christmas speech! That's hilarious!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
That's interesting, Nate! I didn't read up on it all. I just went along with it.

I didn't think the visitor count seemed right, but like you, I know what the real stats are, so I wasn't too worried!

That's too funny that "peeps" is censored on your site!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Look out LKNFUN here we come.....
don't worry we will visit your site as well but just to make you Second right behind us. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Now the rules state to add the banner on multiple pages, we only have it on our home page. Would it be a good idea to put it in this discusion board since most people have a link just to the board?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Nov 21 2003, 10:53 AM)Now the rules state to add the banner on multiple pages, we only have it on our home page. Would it be a good idea to put it in this discusion board since most people have a link just to the board?
Yes, I think you should Captn'Rob

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Nov 21 2003, 07:34 AM)But at least you didn't offend anyone.
(stooges ???)
C'mon, Stooges in a endearing kinda way, i LOVE the three stooges, it's all good!!!!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Nov 21 2003, 10:53 AM)Now the rules state to add the banner on multiple pages, we only have it on our home page. Would it be a good idea to put it in this discusion board since most people have a link just to the board?
Yes , I go directly to DB

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
If it counts only unique views, I don't think it would be beneficial to add it to the forum. I'll go over and read the details on it when I get a sec. here.

Where does LKNFUN have it?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
yes capt rob. and can i suggest the same for the thanksgiving, christmas, & superbowl parties, since the db is where we mostly hang out? and the visitors hang out?

what do ya mean, peeps is censored on lkn?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts