Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some for my yard but not enough to have a dump truck full but to much to bother buying bags.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Go to one of those pre-developed subdivisions going in all around you.
When they are running the dirt through that sifter-thing.
I just drove up & asked, & they just GAVE me a loader full!
Though, I may have just got lucky!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I need some soon too for around my house. The ground in kind of sinking and separating from the house, which is probably adding to the problem of the leaky basement wall. <_<

·
12,052 Posts
Bob, go by that big new church going up on Rochester road north of you. HUGE pile of dirt.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I know you can get 5 yards delivered for $100... seems like a LOT but it sure goes FAST when spreading it around.

Compared to lugging 30 bags at 1-2 dollars a pop and all the labor associated, buying yards seems like the way to go to me. I need some too...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 10 2004, 10:05 PM)I know you can get 5 yards delivered for $100... seems like a LOT but it sure goes FAST when spreading it around.
Well.....where?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I think that's pretty standard for a price, actually. Next time I talk to the girl won't be till Friday but I'll ask her then.

I'd just call some of the local places it's not as bad as you'd think.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 10 2004, 10:11 PM)I think that's pretty standard for a price, actually. Next time I talk to the girl won't be till Friday but I'll ask her then.

I'd just call some of the local places it's not as bad as you'd think.
Then I gotta buy the wheel barrel and the rakes and shovels............... <_<

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Please add your recommendations of places you can order dirt from and have it dropped off at your house. I want to start the landscaping! Thanks!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ May 11 2004, 08:19 AM)Please add your recommendations of places you can order dirt from and have it dropped off at your house. I want to start the landscaping! Thanks!
Its not so much for the landscaping. I want to fill in around the foundation of the house where the ground is sinking in or separating from the house. That's likely adding to the leak problem.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey Boss, Ive been calling around in this area and the cleanest and cheapest fill dirt is from a new place on 26 mile rd, The Quarry 716-4441. They charge about 6.50 a yard. The other one is Grosso Trucking also on 26 mile 725-935 they charge 50.00 for up to 7 yards, but they may not have a lot right now she said. Meldrum's on 23 mile charges 7.00 for fill and 18.00 for top soil plus 35.00 delivery fee. We having our first 5 yards delivered his week from The Quarry I'll let you know how it goes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts