Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyonr know of a place to take a torn leather jacket to be repaired?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Great place is the Cobbler, 1.5 miles east of i-94 on 23 mile road. North side of 23. Dont know hours or address, but know where the building is. My parents have been going there for years for leather repair.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Feb 14 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Leather Depot located in the strip mall 21 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave northwest corner.

I second this one - I've had three jackets repaired there, small/medium tears - they did awesome work... think it was like $35 to have one done. I also had them do a reconditioning at the same time for like $50, well worth it. Nice people too.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Feb 15 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Feb 14 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Leather Depot located in the strip mall 21 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave northwest corner.

I second this one - I've had three jackets repaired there, small/medium tears - they did awesome work... think it was like $35 to have one done. I also had them do a reconditioning at the same time for like $50, well worth it. Nice people too.

Do there repair zippers? I have a nice leather that the stupid thing at the bottom fell off. I know there's a word for the little metal thingy.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(fitsus @ Feb 15 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Feb 15 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Feb 14 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Leather Depot located in the strip mall 21 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave northwest corner.

Do there repair zippers? I have a nice leather that the stupid thing at the bottom fell off. I know there's a word for the little metal thingy.

I went there a few weeks ago for a zipper on a non-leather jacket, they wanted $50 and they were going to send it out. I went elsewhere and saved half... but for a leather I don't know if a non-leather specialty place can do it? but yes, they do repair zippers...

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(fitsus @ Feb 15 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Feb 15 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Feb 14 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Leather Depot located in the strip mall 21 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave northwest corner.

It depends on which thingy fell off. If it's just the pull tab sometimes they can be replaced. If it's the zipper slide, the thingy that goes over the teeth, you're better off getting the zipper replaced.
Most dry cleaners can handle the job, and usually cheaper than a leather shop.
Sorry to hear you lost your thingy

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Feb 17 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fitsus @ Feb 15 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Feb 15 2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Feb 14 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Leather Depot located in the strip mall 21 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave northwest corner.

It depends on which thingy fell off. If it's just the pull tab sometimes they can be replaced. If it's the zipper slide, the thingy that goes over the teeth, you're better off getting the zipper replaced.
Most dry cleaners can handle the job, and usually cheaper than a leather shop.
Sorry to hear you lost your thingy

It's the metal thingy not the zipper holder
I was just thinking that maybe the thingy could be fixed. I took it to the taylor on 10 by by house and she want $50 for a zipper. I thought that was high but I'll look around

1 - 11 of 11 Posts