Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, just wondering if anyone knows of any place that I can take my dog to the lake and let him swim and play around. I know alot of places are picky about these kinds of things so just wondering if anyone knows any places. He's a st bernard, so I cant just sneak him anywhere.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You can take him to any boat ramp and let him swim, you just need to be mindful of the times when the ramp is busy. I take my dog to Crocker once every week or so and let her retrieve a duck dummy. Other than that, you could let him out on any oft the islands - gull, seaway, etc.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
im not positive but maybe you could take him to New Baltimore, we have a few parks. im not sure about NB park though(infront of police station) but try roudisale point, decent little park and see dogs in the park all the time. i think that water is pretty shallow there. what about open launches? im not recommending a high volume place with lots of traffic but maybe 1 thats more of a hidden place. i really don't know of anything closer, wish i did.

have fun.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I always take Gauge out to Gull
Crocker/South River launches work too when it's not busy

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I always took mine to stoney creek. not sure if they allow dogs now.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yes, Wetzel is a good one now that the "quiet" season is over. The skeeters and flies can be bad though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.