Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any tournaments for 16 yr olds to fish in me and my friend want to fish a tournament but the age limit is 18. If u know of any tounament that will allow 16 yr olds to fish please let me know

Thanks

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I believe, but could be wrong, that some tournaments will let you fish as long as you have written permission from a parent or legal guardian. Before I dig threw all my rules, can someone help him out with this?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Usually as long as one member of a team is 18 and the otyher has a signed permission slip (if under 18) then you are ok.

Depends on the tournament.

Mini

·
Registered
718 Posts
GNT rules state that one person must be over 18 and the minor must have hisor her parent or legal guardian sign under his or her name.

Doug Phillips
GNT-Owner

·
Registered
53 Posts
Michigan Bassin Bums & Babes Rules state you must have one member 18 or over and anyone younger must have written permission from parent... You probable would like to fish together BUT... consider splitting up , each with an adult - I assume one of you have a boat- You should be able to find a boater and a non boater looking for a partner. This will also give each of you the chance to learn "New" techniques.

If you ar looking for a club to join.. Our club will accept non-boaters IF a boater joins with them. We try to keep the boater membership above that non boater membership-We fish Team tournaments- each tournament you would fish with a different partner/ I can be reached at 586-415-8731 if interested or cell # 586 321 1709

1 - 8 of 8 Posts