Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've been out of tournament fishing since the early 90's and my 11 year old has an interest in giving it a try. What would you suggest for a tournament that would be fairly low key for the both of us. I know how crazy some tournaments can get sometimes and don't want to scare him off. It would need to be a team tournament maybe that caters to a father son thing. Maybe a club we could also thing about joining? Thanks everyone.

Mike

·
Registered
575 Posts
one series to check out is NBAA. they have a lot of tournys in the area. small lakes and St-Clair. they have weeknight events that usually run from 6-9 pm. last year was a 40.00 entry fee per event. they also have 8 hour weekend events with a higher entry fee. Most of the directors I know really treat the kids well.

www.nbaa-bass.com is the web site.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
what cast n blast said. Tuedsday night week nights from 6-9 at harley ensign ramp. 12 diffrent tournaments to check out during the season. That is how i got started tournament fishing eight seasons ago (with my dad as well)

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(Basskiller46 @ Jan 17 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best thing you can do is look for a bass club that has a youth club. Michigan Bass Anglers has on that you can check out at. Michiganbassanglers.net

Better yet check out the Fishers of Men Legacy Series. It is a tournament trail dedicated completely to Adult/Junior teams. I am the Michigan Director. We will have two tournaments this summer. Any team that fishes at least one tournament will qualify to go to the Nationals in Guntersville in July. For more details check out the website at .... www.fomntt.com
Or contact me John Carter @ [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(Basskiller46 @ Jan 17 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best thing you can do is look for a bass club that has a youth club. Michigan Bass Anglers has on that you can check out at. Michiganbassanglers.net

Better yet check out the Fishers of Men Legacy Series. It is a tournament trail dedicated completely to Adult/Junior teams. I am the Michigan Director. We will have two tournaments this summer. Any team that fishes at least one tournament will qualify to go to the Nationals in Guntersville in July. For more details check out the website at .... www.fomntt.com
Or contact me John Carter @ [email protected]

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
well best of luck to you and your son, with which ever one you chose to particpate in. Just keep your son involved with the great outdoors that we all love!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts