Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Uh oh, someone is on some toads!!!

Can't help, everything I'm aware of is out of St. Clair the next two weeks. I believe Wonderland is out of Erie next weekend?????

·
Registered
294 Posts
You're right, Alex. The Wonderland Open is next Saturday out of the Metropark. The entry is $220.00 per team plus $10.00 Big Bass. There is a pre-tournament meeting Friday evening at 6:00 by the wave pool. It is mandatory that at least 1 member of the team attend. At this late date, there will be a late charge, but I don't know how much. First place (based on a full field) will pay $10,000.00 and they are paying back 20 places. I plan on fishing. The new Holiday Express off I-75 was full, as of two weeks ago. I managed to get a room at the Sleep Inn.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info, isn't that the way it goes I get every other weekend off. But I wouldn't miss Wonderland tournament I have fished it for the last 5 years, anyways it the Stratos Javelin tournament. I wonder if Clapper or Zona wants to be my co angler? They all have Rangers.
Mike
www.erieanglers.com

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Foreverbass,

Lake Erie - Yuck! I Agree

I here that "there are bigger bass on Erie", "the North shore is hot", "big bags at Colchester", "the fish stack up on humps" - as far as I'm concerned it's all bunk!!! I've spent numerous days with good fishermen on Erie and have never seen a real pattern. Oh you catch fish and every now and again you get a good one but to me St. Clair beats Erie for numbers and quality. Unless you're willing to run open water to Pelee Island or the Bass Island (which I'm Not) I don't see the point.

However, I just talked with a friend that fished Pelee and Pelee Island this week. He had 20+ at Pelee and 22+ at the island. If you're willing to run the fish are there.

Give me St. Clair any day!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give me St. Clair any day!
1. If you want to get beat around from all the boat traffic.
2. If you want to get ran over by a high-speed tuna boat.
3. And I wonder why all the Muskie are dieing off.
4. You can only swim on days that the bacteria level is down.
5. And it's not a great lake it's a big pond.
6. Case closed.
7. ERIE RULES.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Forever Bass.....Erie Yuck?????????

You obviously haven't spent much time down here!

We had a club tournament in Monroe in June (by the way you can legally fish 3 weeks earlier than St. Clair) we had 18 boats with 320lbs of fish. Nobody ran to Canada or Ohio. Sounds like your missing some fun times just around the corner from you!

Right on Bassslayer!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts