Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking this is a nifty little car!! Actually considering getting it bc it's so unique and cutting edge!!

What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Neat car, good gas mileage, Could buy a Locally supported car...(can't say American Made) and help support local workers. and keep stuff from being shipped over to China.

But just don't buy cuz Cameron Diaz has one....

I have issues for what she stands for...but do like her.

Trying to be sensative as I can.

The MPG would be a seller for me. for cry from 14

The whole gas price thing is ALL political anyway, especially since we get our gas from CANADA

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
the problem with hybrid technology is that it is a step that will be passed shortly and after a few years you won't be able to get the car serviced because of it's short lifespan. That's fine for you probably though because you get a new car every not so often. The mileage in real world tests is significantly lower, bur still comparibly great when looking at most other vehicles.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
another thing, Toyota is consistantly the highest quality car year after year according to JD power. Most Toyota owners will never buy another make after they get their first Toyota

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
ya know these get really great mileage too! plus hot chicks look hooter on a 600 sport bike....opps freudian slip, where my mind at.....

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
How about one of these???

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Apr 2 2004, 06:23 PM)Hazy, was your post a comparison of Toyota vs Jaguar reliability, or just a post-timing coincidence??
just a timing thing.

But Jag doesn't have the best long term quality records. They have come along way since FoMoCo bought them though.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Apr 2 2004, 05:13 PM)this is much more your type of car Pauline

...and it's in LSCN's buy and swap section!

And it's a Ford!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Seen one on the road last night...looked pretty cool!

What did you decide, or are you just tossing the idea around Pauli?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The company I work for is currently pursuing the hybrid market. We design and manufacture NiMH Batteries for hybrid applications.

Right now the Toyota Prius and Honda Civic Hybrid are the two best out there.

The NiMH batteries in those cars are manufactured by Panasonic who infringed on our patents. We have one the law suit but I don't know what penalties Panasonic will have to pay. If they have to pay us royalties on every battery sold then purchasing a Prius or any Hybrid with Panasonic batteries will be directly supporting a local company and local jobs.

We are located right in troy:
www.cobasys.com

You would be able to purhcase an american hybrid if the big 3 would make up their minds and decide if they want to build hybrids or not. When California did not pass their more strict emissions laws, the big 3 pulled the plug on most of their EV and HEV programs.

I say go ahead and buy the Prius. You will NOT be disapointed.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Don't buy one of those crappy cars paula. The amount of engery it takes to produce one of those cars hurts the enviroment more than carbon fuel vehicles. kinda like the disposable diper vs washing non disposables. ever think about disposing the car after its use? the thing is a bio hasard. getting it serviced would also be bummer, not many mechanics would qualified to make repairs-even at the dealer. Hey east coast, I have had several tours through obonic? battery. WOW, incredible stuff they produce there. don't know if I would like working in that enviroment though. sum nasty chemicals in that building.
paula-some how i picture you on a harley sporster. (driving one-not laying nude on one
)carman who?

·
Registered
397 Posts
3 Crabs,

Please don't confuse Cobasys with Ovonic Battery Company. It is true that our technology came from there but we are NOT the same company.

One of the advantages to NiMH batteries is that they are 100% recycleable compared to other battery technologies. ALL manufactureing plants have some nasty chemicals. There is nothing in our company that requires more safety gear than a cheap pair of saftey glasses.

Our production manufacting plant in Ohio is an ISO 14001 certified facility. We are a very environmetally friendly company.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(3crabs @ Apr 4 2004, 04:05 PM)paula-some how i picture you on a harley sporster. (driving one-not laying nude on one
)carman who?
I'll go with the latter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts