Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jan 23 2004, 05:51 PM)I've been hearing horror stories from EVERYBODY!!!

Is it as bad as last Wednesday?
I just got back from a car accident! It was just minor injuries, but it was caused from slippery roads!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I just talked to Firecracker and another friend of mine and they both said the roads were bad and very slow. my buddy told me there were accidents everywhere.

I'm going out but not until later. if it gets too bad we might just get a bottle and have a pajama party

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yeah, roads are BAD!!! I have the good fortune of having my office window face the on ramp to south bound 75 on ramp on 14 mile. I saw plenty of troopers this afternoon with their lights on heading onto the highway. Saw 2 cars spin out from the stop light turning ont the ramp, one guy ion a truck spun and hit the guy ahead of him, then the guy in back hit him!!

1 1/2 hour form Troy to Rochester. Why in the heck did I move out here?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
WOW! That Wednesday I sat in bumper to bumper, none moving traffic for a hour! Traffic was moving pretty good considering the conditions out there right now. Drove the same path both days! Guess it depends on where you are.

Have a good one, guys. Stay warm

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Firecracker just called, she decided to stop at 16 and VanDyke for a bite since traffic was going so slow.

I can see Groesbeck out my window and it seems to be moving pretty good.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ya know, why wasn't there any sand or SALT on the roads??? I realize that it's a big city, but, NOT to take some type Of preventitive measures is just plain wrong! Peoples' safety is a stake! I got one word, (OK 2):

WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jan 23 2004, 06:54 PM)Ya know, why wasn't there any sand or SALT on the roads??? I realize that it's a big city, but, NOT to take some type Of preventative measures is just plain wrong! Peoples' safety is a stake! I got one word, (OK 2):

WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't tell you how many salt trucks I saw!!!! First one I spotted was around 3ish!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just got back from my drive around Romeo and everything is salted pretty good. I could only fishtail and drive side ways out of in the parking lot at work.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Jan 23 2004, 09:13 PM)Yankee, dont forget, Oakland county lost half their fleet of trucks this week in a fire!

I didn't even know that! bummer!

·
12,052 Posts
I drove from work to slapsticks, no problem. Then from there to home, no problem.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jan 23 2004, 10:53 PM)I drove from work to slapsticks, no problem. Then from there to home, no problem.

Ya, we didn't drive anywhere we just drank uutil we were all passed out, well after we went to the fly bar.

Dude were's my truck

Oh ya, this is AJU

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jan 23 2004, 06:11 PM)Yeah, roads are BAD!!! I have the good fortune of having my office window face the on ramp to south bound 75 on ramp on 14 mile. I saw plenty of troopers this afternoon with their lights on heading onto the highway. Saw 2 cars spin out from the stop light turning ont the ramp, one guy ion a truck spun and hit the guy ahead of him, then the guy in back hit him!!

1 1/2 hour form Troy to Rochester. Why in the heck did I move out here?

should have called me and stoped by for a beer and a shot we wernt doing anything.. enxt time give me a ring if you want .

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jan 23 2004, 10:02 PM)QUOTE(speedfreak @ Jan 23 2004, 09:13 PM) Yankee, dont forget, Oakland county lost half their fleet of trucks this week in a fire!

I didn't even know that! bummer!
try hangin' out in livingston county. crossing between LIV. and OAK. countys to get to Milford road exit, it was like night and day coming home from Howell at midnight. the roads were black ice in LIV. because there wasn't any salt on 'em. couldn't push any faster than 45 or 50 cause the second you did you'd start to lose it. booooo!!! OAK. side was all wet and melty,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts