Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I would like to share with you what happened to my neighbor Jim...

On April 23rd Jim was leaving a bar in downtown Mt. Clemens. As he was leaving he heard a girl screaming. He went over to see what happened and a guy was lying on the ground after being jumped by a bunch of guys with his girlfriend frantically trying to get help. As Jim bent over to help him, he was brutallly assaulted. He was attacked from behind and beaten until he was unconscious. Jim spent about 10 days in the hospital with severe head injuries. At this time he is doing well, is recovering at home, and facing possible brain surgery at a later date. Jim does not have medical insurance.

His family is holding a fundraiser this Sat. May 22nd. Anyone who is interested is welcome to come, and all donations big or small are greatly appreciated.

Fundraiser is at:

Mt. Clemens Rec Bowl
Saturday, May 22nd at 4:00
Tickets are $10.00 at the door and include dinner
(pasta, salad, rolls & dessert)

A 50/50 raffle will be will take place every hour & prizes include free lawn service for 1 month, golf packages and lots more!

If you can't make it to the fundraiser, but would still like to donate:

Contributions can be made to:
Jim Fennell Hospital Fund
C/O Citizens State Bank
51066 Washington St.
New Baltimore, MI 48047

On a personal note... My heart goes out to Jim and his family. They are great people and it is unfortunate they are going through this. What makes this situation most devastating is at the time of the attack, Jim was simply trying to help someone and it truly saddens me that he was paid back with such brutality. Thank you all so much in advance
!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Thanks everybody you are so great!!! AL and CK you are so wonderful!!!

Rerun- Mike and I are going, you are more than welcome to meet up with us at the fundraiser!

Laney feel free to post it w/the Chamber of Commerce. I am sure that will be a BIG help. Thanks so much!

EVERYONE your support is wonderful and I know it so very much appreciated by Jim's family!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.