Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get a feel for if my trailblazer will tow a 4500lb boat + trailer (including fuel).

The trailblazer is a 4x4 with a 4.2L 6 cylinder engine and towing package.

The boat is a 1994 Searay 220BR Signature. The spec sheet says it is 4000lb dry (I think this includes trailer). The current owner says the whole package weighs about 4500 to 4600 lb when all loaded up and fueled.

I'm not as worried about towing this rig on flat land as I am getting it in and out of dock.

My vehicle appears to tow my brother-in-lawsa 20ft 3500lb boat and trailer without much problem.

Whatdaya think?

Anxious to get out there!

Gerb

·
Registered
795 Posts
Looks like you should be fine, from TrailerBoats towing guide...

2003 Chevrolet GMC Trucks Envoy/TrailBlazer 4WD 4.2L I-6 6200 lb Tow Limit
4.10 axle ratio
If tongue weight is 10 to 15 percent of trailer weight, must use a weight-distributing hitch and sway control.

Shouldn't be a problem getting it out, just switch it from autotrack to 4 hi so the clutch pack locks in the transfer case. If its in autotrack it will have to sense wheel spin before it engages.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
not a problem just watch on 696 around grosebeck road gets a little bouncy..hauling mine.. But ive never had a problem on the ramp or otherwise..mines a 4.3

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Funny you should mention that little stretch on 696 near Groesbeck. I tow my brother-in-laws boat around on occasions and hit that patch everytime I haul it.

Guess it could be worse. I could haul it down 94 approaching Detroit

Gerbermultit00l

1 - 5 of 5 Posts