Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Today I took the boat out for one last test run before trailering it down to PIB Thursday morning. On the way home, my trailer bearings went on me. If anyone has experience that is looking for some extra $$$ or knows of a local place that can fix them in a pinch, let me know. I am still hoping to take it down to PIB this Thursday.

It's a dual axle trailer that seats a 26' 6500 lb boat.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Aug 26 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brian did my trailer for me a few years ago... Give him a call and maybe. Otherwise Joe's trailer in St Clair Shores...

Brian who? Do you think Joe's trailer would come out to the house? I would be afraid driving the trailer that far on 3 wheels

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Joe's trailer is where I took mine. Unfortunately I had to jack up the boat, remove my axle, and take it to them just cause the whole mess was immobile, but that was the fastest way to do it for my situation. I'd take it slow but tow that B to them and have ALL your bearings replaced. It's good piece of mind for like 2-300 bucks. One axle might run you a couple hundred alone. Plus they'll check your races and make sure you're not going to encounter another unexpected hit. They do good work too so that's certainly a bonus.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(dnasty @ Aug 26 2009, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Aug 26 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brian did my trailer for me a few years ago... Give him a call and maybe. Otherwise Joe's trailer in St Clair Shores...

Brian who? Do you think Joe's trailer would come out to the house? I would be afraid driving the trailer that far on 3 wheels

Brian use to go by Tango7 I believe.........?

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Aug 26 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dnasty @ Aug 26 2009, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Aug 26 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brian did my trailer for me a few years ago... Give him a call and maybe. Otherwise Joe's trailer in St Clair Shores...

Brian use to go by Tango7 I believe.........?

He still does.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
You can you tube it. There are a lot of good video's there showing you how to change trailer bearings. That is how I learned how to do it. It is simple, unless you have trailer breaks. Then there are special tools required and then it may be cheaper to pay someone.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
QUOTE(dnasty @ Aug 26 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 26 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dnasty @ Aug 25 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On the way home, my trailer bearings went on me.

Wh? What did you hit now?

Sometimes you just lose your bearings Jeff. The joys of being a boat owner
!!

You're lost too?

j/k

Good luck with the repairs!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
call this guy he came to my house a couple times reasonable . 586 749 6897

Name is Mike DID A GOOD JOB AND HONSET

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.