Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking about doing Mackinac Island by boat in mid Aug. but dont have the extra time to boat up there from here. We are thinking about trailering up to Mackinaw City and then going over to the Island for a few days and perhaps playing around a bit before trailering back.

Does anyone have a trailer, or know of one, that they might consider "lending out"or possibly renting out during this time? We have a 1988 Sea Ray 270, 27'7" true with a 10' beam.

We are not definate yet, but would like to see what we would run up against if we wanted to trailer and disappear for about a week or so. I am already up to speed and the trailering laws and regulations for a boat this size.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hey Jim,

I don't have a trailer that big, so I can't help. But I did trailer my boat up there and made it up to Mackinaw Island. You'll really enjoy yourself going to the island by boat. We did and stayed in the Marina. We also stayed at the Best Western in Cheboygan, it's right on the Cheboygan river. Slip comes with the room. Even thinking of doing it again this year.

Have you heard of Michigan's Inland Waterway? check it out:
Michigan's Inland Waterway

Your boat may be too big to make it all the way to Crooked Lake, but Burt and Mullet lakes are very cool, no problem to get to, and worth the visit.

A great place to eat is the Hack-Ma-Tack-Inn on the Cheboygan River, just north of Mullet Lake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts