Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my boat trailer registration for $200. This is for as long as I own the trailer. However it is also non-transferable. So eveytime I buy another boat I would be hit with another $200 reagistration fee. Also, I usually wait until spring to register it - If I do that I will have to pay a $7.00 late fee.

Is it just me or are they getting rediculous?

If I look at the State of Michigan License Plate, Registration, and Title Fees

it states:
Trailers and Trailer Coaches (0-2,499 pounds) $75

Trailers and Trailer Coaches (2,500-9,999 pounds) $200

Since I am paying for registration on my trailer only - should my fee be $75?

I have to register my boat seperately - right? So that weight should not count on my trailer registration?

If I had a utility trailer to haul a car - It would only be $75, Right?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mark,

Elect a democrat Governor and that's what you get. It WILL get worse. Look what Gray Davis did to California. The first thing Arnold did as Governor was suspend the 300% increase in auto registration fees imposed by Davis.

They honestly believe they are entitled to YOUR money.

Don't get me started...

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
LOL Dave,..I couldn't agree more!! Sominabatches!!!!

Thanks Jennifer!!!

Mac

"Boooks??....who needs books!!!?? Atleast the Head of the Detroit Public Schools has a nice office, and polished brass elavator doors!!".....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes Mexque. The $75 dollars is for as long as you own the trailer. That would be a steep fee for those who can afford to change boats every couple of years but for me I just need to keep my boat and trailer for 4 years and it would pay off for me to have a one time fee.

·
Registered
397 Posts
In NH registrations on vehicles and trailers are done annually. If I have to pay $75 for as long as I own my trailer, I consider that a sweet deal since I plan on keeping my boat for a while.

If you're financial well off enough to get a new boat every year or two, then what's an extra $75 ???

I'd be more concerned about where the money is going than how much is costs. From what I can tell from my first year here in MI, the money certainly isn't going into the highway repair budget....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hope everybody remembers this next Governors election.

We can only thank ourselves for letting a canadian get elected to run our great state of Michigan.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
What pisses me off is I just sent in $$$ for new tabs a couple of weeks ago. Then they send this plate.

What's up with that? Did I just get hosed or can I slap on the new sticker on my old plate when (or if) they send it? Do we have to use this new plate? I'm totally confused...

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Ok I just checked with the boss. She says she sent in $75 for a trailer registration about 2 weeks ago. Haven't seen anything come back.

2 days ago I got the plate with another red registration looking for $75??????

Somebody help a confused Republican out.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I sold the boat and trailer to
Jason and he had to put out $75.00 for the plate but I had it for17 years at $18.00 bucks a year that is $306.00. I'll take the $75.00 fee. Oh' H2o The Sec. of State did that not the Gov.LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have also heard rumor of a $10 fee for people who wait to renew their driver's license. I haven't been able to find anything that defines "late renewel", but have friends that have been charged for it.

Also, if you have points on your driving record, there are new additional fees when you renew.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Driver_R...eet_78088_7.pdf

I like East Coast's post, if they're going to take our money, at least put it to good use.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You have to register by your birthday to avoid late fees. When I purchased mine recently, I paid $75. I would have to say it is only trailer weight, not boat and trailer. You must have a large boat MI Mark. And yes, the boat is registered separately. The person at Sec. of State also told me that they are investigating and coming down on people who lie about the purchase price of items. So if you buy something, be careful on what you put for the sale price. You will see many changes coming that people won't like. Unfortunately, King Engler ran this state so far in the hole in his 12 years in office that it will take drastic measure to recover. But people don't understand that. They see what happens now, and have no idea why we are in this situation. I remember reading in the paper during the election that the winner will most likely be the next loser, because of the mess that needs to be taken care of. I don't think it mattered whether we elected a Democrat or Republican, the fact is the state is in severe debt and it needs to be addressed. So look out!!!!

p.s.
check out htis website http://www.motorists.com/pressreleases/mic...higanfines.html

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Just one more. How true it makes no difference who's in office with the state of affairs he left our great lake state in anyone following will be blamed. Just wait and see what gets said about our next President. WOW. LOL. I don't thinkwe should talk politics up here really. I'd rather talk fishing. By the way did you know that a week after Bill caught his 40.11 another fellow landed a 39.11 in the same area? Have a great Holiday period everyone. Bob

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree MuskieBob. Wow!!!!!!!! Two around 40lbs? Was he using the same fishing methods & bait? That's amazing. Congrats to both. Maybe I should have head over there. When did the 2nd fellow catch his?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can't help but reply;
We wouldn't be in as big a debt as we are if we quit giving money(entitltments) to everybody and anybody who isn't doing anything to earn it.
G

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm just afraid this new rule will promote liscence plate theft. I don't mind paying $75 one time but more than once would get a little annoying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I will try to convince them my registration should only be for the weight of the trailer.

I have my boat in storage for the winter.
Does anyone have a EZ loader trailer for a 20' bass boat?
If so, do you know the weight?

TIA

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
f that !!!! i use mine 2 times a year to put boat in and bring boat home ....ill chance not buying it ,,,

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just paid 70 bucks a piece for my two boats
(what a hike!) and while it sounds like we will be ahead in the long run, it is too hard for me to believe that we won't be hit with some other new fee to make up for the eventual loss of cash by the state.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts