Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find out just how much my boat and trailer weight. Anyone know who has a scale I can take it to and have it weighed?

Something close to 13 and Dequindre would be preferable but really anything will do.

Thanks,

Gerb

·
Registered
795 Posts
Might try the Troy DPW on Rochester south of 18. They have a scale with a readout on the building. I have taken a couple work vehicles there, but might want to call before you take a boat. Not sure if they would
upon it.

I would figure there has to be one closer though...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
tHERE USED TO BE A SCALE ON 12 AND CAMBELL truck place that would let you use it for free.. not sure if they still let you use for free oe not but being that close you could drive by and check it out

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
the scale @ troy dpw is on 24 hours. just go at night or in the evening. stay to the left when u pull in and you will see the lane for the scales, make a u turn in the parking lot and pull into the scale lane. weigh each axle of your vehicle by comming to a complete stop on the steel pad and reading the eletronic display mounted on the side of the building. i really do not think anyone would mind.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone.

I surprized more people don't know this. Isn't anyone curious to know how much they are hauling compared to their vehicles rating?

Gerb

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
troy dpw is on the west side of rochester road 1/4 mile south of longlake road (18mile for you east siders).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts