Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are relatively new to overnight cruising and I have a question about transient marinas and overnight stays (such as Lexington, Radlins, Metro, etc.). We usually have music on and I wonder about what is "proper" - how loud, how late into the evening and how early? Do you do things different if young kids are near you? A couple of times (once at Radlins and once at Metro), boats near us had their music very loud and going strong well into the early morning hours - even to the point that we could hear the music in the cabin with the air and TV on. We usually like to sit up on deck during the evening to relax. The one time, we liked the music so we enjoyed hearing it (but even that got a little tiring still hearing it at 2:00 am) - the other time we couldn't stand the music.

So what is a considerate hour of the night to turn down the music? If the other boater's music is too loud or goes to late, do you try to ignore it, talk to management, or talk to the boat owner (who's usually had a few drinks by then)? How early is too early to turn the music on or start washing down the boat in the morning? On the boat, I usually am up by 4:30-5 am, so is that too early?

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
Most places have a time that they go by at night 10:00pm or Midnight. We try to be respectful of everyone around us but sometimes we might push it. Last year at metro a boat next to us asked us to turn the music down because they had kids. As far as how early to start I would say 7ish should be cool with everyone.

Just me 2 cents

·
12,052 Posts
I agree with Tango. 10 pm is a good time. Metro rangers will tell you to turn it down past their time, I think it might be 11pm. If your on an outing where all the surrounding boats are yours than play it as long as EVERYONE wants. Last labor day we took 42 boats to Sarnia Bay and that was the case. The harbormaster brought his nephew down the next morning to hear one of the stereos in the group.

As far as the morning, I say 10am, that's when I get up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts