Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a great day out at the LSCN tot lot, I was up on the boat getting coolers out and cleaning up, and I heard a bunch of rustling under some bushes in the neighbors yard. I went back to the swim platform and the rustling was louder and I looked down to see a skunk at the bottom of the ladder I used to get into the boat. I was stuck there for about 5 minutes because it went under the boat and I had no idea where it was going. It eventually wandered over to the deck so I was able to get a pic without fear of getting sprayed and get down from the boat. Thought I might have to spend the night...

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Here you go:

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Snow, I was expecting a "Bobby the kitten" post. Is there any way to photoshop out the fingerprints on the doorwall??

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 28 2003, 08:12 AM)Thanks Snow, I was expecting a "Bobby the kitten" post. Is there any way to photoshop out the fingerprints on the doorwall??
I could frost or blur the glass. Or just cut and paste a clean door from another picture.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
If you talk very softly and calmly to the skunk and move with slow, easy steps they usually don't spray....Gotta let them know you are there w/o startling them!

Yes, many skunks here around my house <_<

Your cat on the left looks like my Sophie from behind...Sophie is just a bit lighter....Your cats are gorgeous

Oh, only way to get rid of the fingerprints is get rid of the kids!
Big j/k.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now where's the fun in that?? I was going to jump down from the platform and goose it to see if it would jump. Imagine the suprised look it would have...

Now looking at the pic with the cats, if I had the door open with the screen door closed, we could have been in serious trouble.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 28 2003, 10:44 AM)Now where's the fun in that?? I was going to jump down from the platform and goose it to see if it would jump. Imagine the suprised look it would have...

Now looking at the pic with the cats, if I had the door open with the screen door closed, we could have been in serious trouble.
And I can imagine the smell.......And Christine would have you in the garage a week..

Screens:Skunk outside:BAD:VERY BAD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was kind of odd that the skunks didn't smell at all last night. We've had plenty of times where the whole house would smell of them and all of the windows would be closed, and last night I was literally 5 feet above the one and smelled nothing.

It was 'wild kingdom' last night... about an hour later a big raccoon was out there and an hour after that, Christine turned on the light and there was a little kitten on the picnic table. I hope they can hide from the hawk...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts