Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havint been out om LSC in a while but got a report for DR Trenton Channel. I Fished by myself Wed. (could not get anyone to go since it was a weekday, but that is when my days off are, besides the fact that boat traffic is lighter on weekdays) Got bait at the Bait & Tackle Box which is on Jefferson across from Eliz. Park marina the guy there John was very knowledgeable and helpful, pointed me in the right direction and put me on some fish. Got on the water about 730 am I caught 3 keeper walleye 16"-19", lost 2 more ( 1 was about 23") at boat since i had to net the fish myself, 1 undersized Walleye & 6 Smallmouth that were put back to grow some more, 1 Sheephead put back since i dont eat them, 6 rockbass and 3 jumbo perch. I caught all before 1230 pm. I would have stayed out and probably got more perch but the wind picked up & started to get a little rough for a small boat. The perch were near Sugar island in 6 fow drifting with spreader rigs and minnows. Walleye on jigs with stinger hooks & nightcrawlers until i got tired of catching gobys and switchrd to finesse minnows tiped with a live one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Aug 14 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice... finally a d.r.report iv been wondering about the d.r. this time of year.. how deep of water?

20 fow or more was the majic number. I also have not seen many reports from that area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(barnz @ Aug 15 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report! Try that channel in the spring for some huuuuuuuuuuuge wally's!

I definately will, that is a really nice town and area plus Eliz. park launch is only $5. Anybody know if the action gets better there in the fall for perch & eyes?

·
Registered
583 Posts
QUOTE(alc @ Aug 15 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(barnz @ Aug 15 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report! Try that channel in the spring for some huuuuuuuuuuuge wally's!

I definately will, that is a really nice town and area plus Eliz. park launch is only $5. Anybody know if the action gets better there in the fall for perch & eyes?

Not sure about the fall, but the TC is amazing in the spring; lots of 'eyes, and some monsters at that. Lots of boats, too, however. Plus, it's snag city around there, but I guess there's a reason why it's a consistent walleye producer. My guess would be that the fall would be good also, and the chances to hook up with a real hog would be pretty good. Perch...I have no idea...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.