Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bridge of my 1989 Marinette 32' flybridge sedan is all aluminum, the roof of the salon being the floor of the bridge. I have had problems for the five years I've owned the boat with indoor/outdoor carpet sliding around, velcro strips losing their grip, and so on, and I would have gone with just the painted aluminum but it's really slippery when wet.

So I broke down and bought the 12" X 12" DriDek plastic squares that snap together to create a mat. I was lucky in that my bridge is almost exactly 7' X 7', requiring 49 squares and 7 trim pieces for the rear edge.

So far, they're working out really great. I was able to easily trim and fit them around posts with just a razor blade knife. The only thing I don't like about them is they get soft and squishy when the sun beats directly on them - my bridge has a bimini but there's usually some spot that's exposed to the direct sun. I'm hoping they will dry out in time and become not quite so flexible when warmed.

But all in all I'm happy with the change. I can just throw buckets of water on them and everything washes out from underneath since the bridge has a ¼" gap at the floor. And they look great!

I bought them at Mike's where they were $3.99 each. West Marine was asking $4.99 in their catalog, $4.49 at the time I wanted them in the store. The two inch trimming pieces cost $1.99 each. Boat U.S. has a similar product but not the DriDeks - I imagine they're OK, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
LOOKS GREAT, BUT THE FUNCTIONALITY IS KEY THERE.
GOOD JOB

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Great job and fantastic idea!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I love those squares.....I put one in my dog pen at the door to keep our dogs off the cement. they last forever and do harden with age.

Looks great!

·
Registered
896 Posts
At risk of sounding repetitive, that looks great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts