Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going up the Clinton River this Friday to Mt. Clemens

I have a 43in draft is there enough water ???

Thanks BRB

"Sertendipity"

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE(brbsta @ Jun 11 2009, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am thinking about going up the Clinton River this Friday to Mt. Clemens

I have a 43in draft is there enough water ???

Thanks BRB

"Sertendipity"

You should be OK. Watch for floating debris and stay to the outside center on the turns, it can get shallow on the inside of the turn. The sand bar near the long dock just before Captains Landing was removed this spring.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
id be cautious....
with that said you'll have good depth to I94 bridge, from there stay in the middle and you'll be fine.
the dredged depth is suppose to be 8' down the middle.
the thing you may run into a problem with is around the docks/boardwalk. it might be skinny there but i think 43" if you watch the water in front and your wake for any muck, you should be fine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just did this trip last week-end, no probelms if you follow the previous posts..

I recomend this trip to anybody..its a nice ride, free docking, and Mt. Clemens is nice when something is going on..They are having some free concerts on Fridays, and some other events on various week-ends, including a nice car show on Saturdays. I'm not sure if its every Sat??[/quote]

If you have an anntena on your radar arch, be sure you lower before the last bridge.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Does anyone know if they have power and water along the boardwalk this year..I plan on heading down there the weekend of the big festival and spending a few days there.. They have had it in the past but I haven't been in a couple of years so I was hoping they still have the services now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts