Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to travel to PIB this weekend for a joint bachelor party for myself and one of my friends by boat, but all of the stories of horrific wave conditions has made me second guess this trip. I have a 30' Rinker which I thought would be a big enough boat. When you are determining if you are going to make the trip or not, what weather conditions are you trying to avoid (wind direction, speed, etc)?

Oh, I would also love recommendations for the best places to enjoy my bachelor party, please make suggestions!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
30 footer is plenty big enough.
Coming home from Memorial Day this year there were 4-5 footers which are almost the worst I have been in in lake erie. We were fine in a 29 footer and one of the boats with us was a 25 footer.

I have been on the friends 25 footer in 6-7 footers; we were tossed around but survived.

I reccommend going to the pool bars of course and renting a golf cart for an island tour and going to Joe's bar and the skyway.

At night Mr. Ed's is one of the best bars with good bands.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
My BF has a 34 foot Sea Ray, we tried coming from PIB in 8-10 ft waves, turned around and stayed and Kelly's Island. It was the scariest ride! Thank god you checked the weather!
I just saw the "Hangover" and I think Vegas would be fun for a Bachelor Party!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
30 foot boat is fine. It's all in how you approach the waves down there.

If the public docks are what you seek, than B Dock is what you want for the mass party. All of them have a party time going, but B Dock is known for the party. PIB is great. Have fun. All boaters must go to PIB at least a dozen times in their life.

Keep on Rockin'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts