Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
me and littleguy hit the mile roads today fishing was slow we had 1 small ski about 28 inches in 15 fow missed 1 rip in 12 fow both on st lawrence loke. we trolled from the library down to around the 400 club talked too two other boats the one had 3 fish the other just caught there first fish when we were pulling lines. thanks again kurt

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
thanks for the ride - weather must have been too nice, eh? Another time maybe we'll get the 58"er.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i kinda expected more but thats fishing least we didnt get the skunk i just regret not making the run into the bay with all the boats been seeing in that area i thought there be fish

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 13 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice live well Dennis.

thanks if you need one there made by a local guy i paid 300 cant tell ya current price mines few yrs old but could get contact # for you

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Tell me more- how is it plumbed? Can you get a bigger pic of it in the boat? I don't plan on transporting fish, but maybe carry it in the height of summer when temps are higher and fishe are pressured....

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 14 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tell me more- how is it plumbed? Can you get a bigger pic of it in the boat? I don't plan on transporting fish, but maybe carry it in the height of summer when temps are higher and fishe are pressured....

ya i can snap some more pictures theyre pretty nice, as far as plumbing you need to have a wash down pump on your boat thats where it gets it water supply then theres a hole on the other side where it drains out of. he puts a 1 1/4 insert hose fitting if you wanted to run a drain line i just let it flow on the floor and out my scuttles. btw its portable i can bring it on anyones boat long as they have a wash down pump. i looked into making one but to have a shop just make 1 tank would cost more then to buy one hes done all the work too,and i still would of had to buy all the hardare,fittings,handles,hinge,etc... sometimes he has flawed ones, where the tank might be slightly bowed he sells for less, he had one when i got mine for the little difference in money i opted for the unflawed one seeing its a one time purchase item

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if his label is a violation you can delete it i in no way profit or benefit from any tank sales but has his contact info im just a happy customer

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 14 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if his label is a violation you can delete it i in no way profit or benefit from any tank sales but has his contact info im just a happy customer

Nah, I think it's OK. I asked. The advertising thing is for posting direct links, or for someone to roll in and sell stuff. I don't see a problem with a happy customer giving contact info for a product like this.

I've got washdown on my boat, but don't have it connected. Hmmm....I'll think about it. It'd eat up a good portion of the back of my boat.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Esox,

I have spent quite a few hrs in 620s, don't they have a well that would accommodate a 50" fish for a few minutes while it revives?

·
Registered
357 Posts
That is a cool looking livewell and A FAT little Ski.

I know you were just trying to revive that fish before releasing it but I would think twice about placing an undersized fish in a livewell. If the DNR showed up at that time or was watching you from a distance (which they do) I don't think that you could convience them that you were going to release the fishing.

The guide states:

Between 42" - 50". All fish less than 42" and greater than 50"
must be released immediately.

I would hate to see you get fined.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 14 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Esox,

I have spent quite a few hrs in 620s, don't they have a well that would accommodate a 50" fish for a few minutes while it revives?

I've got a 620 hull, not a 620 interior. I've got a center console bay interior. Which are not known for storage or livewells. I've got a baitwell/cooler and a livewell on the back/center. I've got plenty of room on the floor, but fill it up with a net, a 90 lb lab and my huge bag of flies-48" Simmes duffel and spaces gets eaten up. I use my livewell for wet storage like drift socks, the dog's life jacket after he goes for a swim, and wet towels after I wipe the boat down.

Boat Light Vehicle Wood Gas

Plant Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

The back right is batteries/PP pump/wiring, and back left used to be my remote oil reservoir, but is now first aid kit/second fire extinquisher/rescue. The center hatch is the live well.

I really like the idea of the live well, but for the number of fish (very few) that I boat, I don't know if it'd be worth it. I could just as well hang the fish over the side on the Boga and hit the MinnKota on the remote and pull water over the gills like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(workingman @ Jun 14 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is a cool looking livewell and A FAT little Ski.

I know you were just trying to revive that fish before releasing it but I would think twice about placing an undersized fish in a livewell. If the DNR showed up at that time or was watching you from a distance (which they do) I don't think that you could convience them that you were going to release the fishing.

The guide states:

Between 42" - 50". All fish less than 42" and greater than 50"
must be released immediately.

I would hate to see you get fined.

thanks for your concern but the local dnr know we c/r fish and tank fish for their benefit to release when were confident shes well rested. theyd look at my rig and set ups and know i wasnt some guy with a random catch trying to keep it.are you stating sturgeon slot limits ? muskie just have to be over 42 mich 44 canada to be legally kept no maximum release size

1 - 19 of 19 Posts