Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a boat (23 foot sailboat) a couple hours away. I don't have a vehicle I can use to tow long distances. I live within a mile of several marinas with boat hoists and plane to keep the boat in a marina. My current vehicle is sufficient to go a short distance to somewhere I can get the boat launched. From searching the normal rental truck places it appears they all only allow towing with trailers rented from them. Does anyone know anywhere that will rent a truck to allow towing a boat (trailer weight approx 3500-4000lbs) or somewhere that will reasonably transport the boat back here?

Thanks.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have towed my own trailers behind trucks rented from Ryder and U-Haul. Both have trucks that are set up for towing, ie. hitches, lights etc. I know they have day rentals but don't know how the price would compare to having someone else tow it since it is not too far.

Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am an experienced driver and have hauled several large boats long distances. If you would like to pm me we could discuss towing it. I have a new gmc half ton pickup to tow with. Let me know if I could be of assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.